Notices

Thread: got punted by a landrover freelander

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    Andy, I'm sure you weren't doing anything wrong, still being a newbie to the road. But unfortunately, it's always down to the individual who is overtaking (or filtering on this occasion) to take responsibility for their actions. It does seem a bit harsh that the Police aren't taking any action against her, seeing as she had no rubber on her tyres though. >
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

2. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    Sorry to hear of your accident get well soon

3. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    well the good new is that im on tue mend, gonna need at least one more operation on my knee in the future. every single part of my knee was f*****. I can go home in a cast.

The bad news:

the knee consultant mentioned 'getting to know me well over the next year or 2' which says to me that i may not be able to get back in the saddle for a year or 2. obviously the prospect of this makes me very sad and also makes life difficult as i cannot afford to commute by train or car.

maybe i will need to use the insutance pay out for a season train ticket :'(

4. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    Platinum Member
    maybe i will need to use the insutance pay out for a season train ticket
    Make sure your uninsured loss recovery firm know all about your losses including clothing, helmet etc.
    Presumably loss of income as well.
    Ask about future losses e.g. commuting costs, but I believe it can be covered.

5. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    not good news, hope its sorted real soon
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

6. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    well...

they performed knee surgery on wednesday. the didnt use any local anaestetic so when they woke ne up i was screaming, they subsequently pumped me full of morphine, i therow up everywhere and then went to sleep.

my leg is now in a proper cast and i am waiting for the physio to see me today to help me with some crutches. lets hope i pass their little test as its likely they will let me home today. I am sooo hoping i can leave today.

just because i am going home does not mean i am 100%. they couldn't do all of thr work they wanted to in my knee which will mean at leasr 1 more operation in the future, many out patient visits and lots of physio and rehab

This has been the hardest 2 weeks of my life and no doubt the whole incident will continue to have an effect on me for the long term.

There are so many people that have helped me get to this stage, not only NHS staff but also friends, family and my girl.

I am determined to ride again, though it is going to take a long time to repair the damage suffered this time round.

Got my sights set on the brighton burnup / ace cafe reunion in Sept, but this is probably just wishful thinking so the real milestone will be the TT next year.

I know this will drag on with the insurance companies though i maintain my stance, what i was doing was completely legal, I had right of way and the driver of the freelander was not paying enough attention. All the points of the highway code are in my favour and therefore hope that it is seen this way.

I will contact some of you that have offered assistance once i am home and can communicate properly, rather than on a phone keypad.

Cheers for all the well wishes, I loved the hornet, but wont find another in the same condition as harriett so got a good long time to do some window shopping.

much love, Andy/GW/CR

7. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    ok so now im not going home..... Gutting.

just wanna go home :'(

8. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    Aww man, keep smiling and don't let them get you down. Very easy to say and very hard to do as I know from experience. They will ship you out as soon as they can I'm sure.

You going through lots of interesting colours/shades? I was multicoloured for some time ;D

BB

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

9. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    Chin up buddy and hope justice lands where it rightly should
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

10. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    Diamond Member
    GWS Andy