Notices

Thread: got punted by a landrover freelander

Threaded View

1. got punted by a landrover freelander 
    hi ladies and gents, fraid to say i got in a tangle with a landrover on the 31st of march i write this from my hospital bed in the RUH 11 days after it occured, heres how it happened

was on the a367 at the top of bear flats in bath, i started to safely over take the slow moving traffic on the road just before hitting the section pf of dual carriageway. I was not speeding

Suddenly drom the left a landrover freelander pulled out of shakespere avenue from my left and punted me good and proper, sent me flying 10 meters, saw the bike pirouette across the road whiles upside down in the air then i landed.

Emergency crews were awesome got me to hospital as best they could. I sustained a few good injuries which have left me out of action. The impact from the freelander shattered my left femur into 7 pieces, snapped all the ligaments in my left knee and upon hitting the floor, fractured my left elbow.

I now have a lovely metal rod holding my thigh together, I will publish the xrays when i have them (probably)

The police has ruled the incident 50/50 as i should i have not been there, but i was overtaking safely and legally in my eyes and would not say it was 50/50 at all, she turned into my right of way and didnt look at all.

I may be able to go home soon but wont be mobile and will need to eat sleep and **** in the same room for a while

now the questions,

will the polices verdict of the incident effect any insurance claim / personal injury claim i may have??

im not sure how this all works

any advice appreciated
    Last edited by GingerWizard86; 24-06-14 at 11:21 AM. Reason: updated sustained injuries