Cheers for the well wishes guys.

Tell me about it Crosser.

Indeed Col, that would be dire and it oddly does help.

My solicitor still feels that it will likely be 50/50 and I understand that he does not want to build my hopes up. I am seriously hoping what with the evidence that the car was not roadworthy and other road users have noted that she did not look right when pulling out and the fact she gout out the car holding 2 small lapdogs, which does kind of cement driving without due care and attention, but as we know unfortunately courts do not look favourably on motorcyclists and I know that the other side will play the "excessive use of speed" card despite witnesses putting me at < 10mph. She did break her arm when the airbag went off which also does suggest she did not have bot hands on the wheel. I live in hope that she was on the phone / waving to someone and when the airbag deployed, it made her give herself a good old slap in the face which broke her arm....

I have no idea if any action was taken against the driver for the un-roadworthyness of the vehicle. I really would like to know if at the very least points were issued as this would help my claim. Does anyone know how / if I can find out??. From what I understand though, no legal action was taken by law enforcement. In fact I do not feel that it was handled very well at all by the police. I must say at this point that it is not a blanket "all police are terrible" as I know there are a lot of good guys out there and that do their job to the best of their ability.

I agree, the vehicle should not have been on the road, but I am not a legal expert and the officer overseeing said to me that it would have no bearing on the incident anyhow.... I just can't get my head round this as it should not have even been there in the first place :-/ can anyone let me know how I should handle that. I do have pictures of the vehicle post crash and have provided them to my solicitor. There was less than 1mm tread left on front left and the front right was also well under legal limits.

Needless to say, it has been a very poor year for me and I will not be back together until at least this coming September, a year and a half.... crumbs..... I'm hoping my solicitor fights the good fight and can get me some good recompense, though I really fear it will be a pitiful amount compared with the pain, discomfort and inconvenience of it all, to be honest no money would make up for having to spend a year and a half incapacitated.

I was hoping it would be an easier fix than it has turned out to be and that I could go to the Isle of Man this year (had booked it) as a consolation for missing my planned and sort of paid for Europe tour.

Oh well always next year.... (hopefully) [s]thats what I said last year[/s]