Notices

Thread: Snow!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Snow!!!!!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by GixxerStu
    Are all rear wheel drive vehicles bad in snow? or is it just BMW's. Or is it drivers of BMW's are just crap drivers....? : : :P
    Although i don't claim to be the best driver in the world by any means, BMW cars are shockingly sh1t to drive in the snow!

2. Re: Snow!!!!!!! 
    Banned
    Don't they have traction control??

3. Re: Snow!!!!!!! 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS
    [quote author=GixxerStu link=1358501211/13#13 date=1358775204]Are all rear wheel drive vehicles bad in snow? or is it just BMW's. Or is it drivers of BMW's are just crap drivers....? : : :P
    Although i don't claim to be the best driver in the world by any means, BMW cars are shockingly sh1t to drive in the snow![/quote]

I passed three stuck Beemers on my 5 mile commute home on Friday. Rear wheel drive does have its share of additional problems to deal with but I think the bigger problem with BMW drivers, of saloons in particular, is that they only have FAST and FASTER options for the accelerator pedal ;D ;D

4. Re: Snow!!!!!!! 
    BMW 3 series is the new Ford Mondeo (reps thinking they're moving up in the world)

In fact it now out sells the Ford, so if you want a car that is a bit different and a bit more exclusive buy a Mondeo or if you don't mind driving the same as others wait a couple of years and the forecourts will be full of either black or white 3 series.

5. Re: Snow!!!!!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb
    BMW 3 series is the new Ford Mondeo (reps thinking they're moving up in the world)

In fact it now out sells the Ford, so if you want a car that is a bit different and a bit more exclusive buy a Mondeo or if you don't mind driving the same as others wait a couple of years and the forecourts will be full of either black or white 3 series.
    I've got a black 3 series, my second in fact. I bought it because they do 50mpg, has a cam chain, and it's German so it doesn't break easily. :-?

I've been driving mine in the snow with no problems. You just need to know how to drive (a RWD car). Oh, and be a woman. ;D :-*
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

6. Re: Snow!!!!!!! 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb

As a "Sales Rep" Never had a BMW nor do I want one. Rather have the Mondeo any day over the BMW. As I drive an Alfa GT, Which not much better in the Snow. I can see the Alfa quivver at the sight of snow ;D ;D ;D

7. Re: Snow!!!!!!! 
    The mondeo is a great car, far better than the BMW
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

8. Re: Snow!!!!!!! 
    Banned
    Rear wheel drive cars are much more fun

9. Re: Snow!!!!!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie
    You just need to know how to drive (a RWD car). Oh, and be a woman. ;D :-*
    Does that bit help you to get a push when your Beemer gets stuck in the snow...? :-?
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

10. Re: Snow!!!!!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie
    [quote author=Kevinb link=1358501211/23#23 date=1358845204]BMW 3 series is the new Ford Mondeo (reps thinking they're moving up in the world)

I've got a black 3 series, my second in fact. I bought it because they do 50mpg, has a cam chain, and it's German so it doesn't break easily. :-?

I've been driving mine in the snow with no problems. You just need to know how to drive (a RWD car). Oh, and be a woman. ;D :-*[/quote]

I like Mercs had a E320 coupe which was rear wheel drive. Loved it and as long as you feathered the throttle in the snow it was fine