Notices

Thread: Should we stay or should we go?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Should we stay or should we go? 
    Banned
    The only way out of the financial mess the world is in at the moment is to wipe all debt at all levels and start again, but of course that will never happen.

We are £1.1 Trillion in debt and that debt is rising by something like £500 million a day ;D

http://www.debt-clock.org/

£1,136,634,700,000

Can anyone see a light at the end of the tunnel??

I live for today 8-)

2. Re: Should we stay or should we go? 
    Banned
    We are using Fiat currency which means our money is worthless. Of course Gordon Brown sold 400 tonnes of our gold when gold was at it's lowest point. Which means we can't even afford to switch back to the gold standard

The way I look at it is if the most intelligent people in the financial system got us into this mess what hope is there of us getting back out given that we are in a spiralling out of control amount of debt??
    My advice is enjoy it while you can

Actually if you have some spare money invest in silver and gold but make sure you physically hold it in you hands.

3. Re: Should we stay or should we go? 
    Diamond Member
    Swanny,

As a biker, if we do decide to leave Europe, I hope we move somewhere warmer. :-* ;D

4. Re: Should we stay or should we go? 
    Banned
    Hehe yea somewhere near Gibraltar would be nice 8-)

5. Re: Should we stay or should we go? 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    [quote author=BMWGraeme link=1358944898/17#17 date=1359058284]Debates such as this just go on and on because there is no absolute right or wrong - it comes down to individuals opinions and that's what will happen with a vote. Personally I'm pro Europe simply because I don't want a return to trade protectionism and import controls where the rest of Europe would no doubt tax the 50% of our exports that go there into a competitive black hole. I'm willing to take the compromise on legislation where some of it suits us and some of it doesn't. Overall, I'll stay in Europe and expect our government to fight from within rather than outside the union.

I also believe that if you roll the camera forward 500 years the world will have a single federal govt as that's the only way the human race can survive by financing the inevitable task of locating an alternative
    planet for us to live. What we're doing now is simply going down that path towards total federalism as the days of small independant governments around the world are numbered Controversial huh? ;D ;D
    Snowy, the opposite is happening if you look around the globe. Regions in Spain, Scotland, Middle East states, Old USSR, Yugoslavia and so on. Moving away from federalism as we are witnessing a huge surge in a desire from people in all corners of the world to be independent and enjoy more local democratic control over their own future.

You are spot on, on the EU though– there is no right or wrong in this debate, just opinions and it is those opinions which will decide our destiny in the end. I’m a Nick Clegger at the mo – sitting on the fence. :P ;D

Whether we stay or go Europe is still bankrupt. Doomy and gloomy, but still true nonetheless. Worth noting that despite austerity back here in ‘Blighty’ our deficit is still rising.

Oh when will the greedy capitalists throw in the proverbial towel and admit defeat? : :-?
    [/quote]

Yup, its a barmy thing ain't it ;D

My own thoughts looking at the future is to do with thinking outside of the box. Forget where we are now and where we will be in 20 years time. Think about the enormous challengies, difficulties and decisions that our future generations in 50 decades time are goiing to have to take. Our current situation, thoughts and politics will be a long time dead by then.

500 years is 2 1/2 times the length of time since the industrial revolution started. Current thinking will be extinct. I'm not suggesting for one minute this is what I want to happen and would support. Its one of many different ways the world may change looking at it in 20 generations time.

6. Re: Should we stay or should we go? 
    Banned
    If you want a vision of the future check out United Nations Environment Programme Agenda 21

http://www.unep.org/documents.multil...?documentid=52

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzEEgtOFFlM[/media]

7. Re: Should we stay or should we go? 
    Diamond Member
    "Yup, its a barmy thing ain't it ;D

My own thoughts looking at the future is to do with thinking outside of the box. Forget where we are now and where we will be in 20 years time. Think about the enormous challengies, difficulties and decisions that our future generations in 50 decades time are goiing to have to take. Our current situation, thoughts and politics will be a long time dead by then.

500 years is 2 1/2 times the length of time since the industrial revolution started. Current thinking will be extinct. I'm not suggesting for one minute this is what I want to happen and would support. Its one of many different ways the world may change looking at it in 20 generations time."

Snowy, we won’t make your timescale – if we can beat global warming, :P I think we are heading for unprecedented global disorder within the next hundred years. There will not be enough food on the planet to feed the ever increasing population and more and more people will be living in poverty as a small minority get richer and richer.

A local Historian of the future, who survived the self-destruction of the planet, will find an old hard drive buried in the rubble somewhere on the outskirts of Trowbridge. Krzysztof will dust it down rig it up, get it working and unable to contain his excitement, he will shout, “Olenka, Olenka, ve mast cum cwickly and see dis, de WB mods banned redken1 for doom and gloom on dis tred, but his prophecy predicted all o dis!!!!! :P ;D

8. Re: Should we stay or should we go? 
    Banned
    Like I said check out Agenda 21 it's not some conspiracy thing it's very real.

9. Re: Should we stay or should we go? 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    [b]" “Olenka, Olenka, ve mast cum cwickly and see dis, de WB mods banned redken1 for doom and gloom on dis tred, but his prophecy predicted all o dis!!!!! :P ;D
    I disagree Ken, by then the Apple Communist and Mac IXX party will have released the humanoid Beta version ZX10 of its nano human DOS system which will be chipped into all babies at birth. We will be speaking in 1's and 0's telepathically to each other ;D ;D

10. Re: Should we stay or should we go? 
    Vote Hunar
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...