Notices

Thread: 470four

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1. Re: 470four 
    Banned
    Darrens bike

He sold it after having it for 22 years

2. Re: 470four 
    Sorry to say Hi at such a sad time but just wanted to post some links to another site 470four was a member, thought some of you may want to read.

He was a nice chap.

The site wont let me post them but if you all look at ducatiforum dot co dot uk you will see the pages

Arthur

3. Re: 470four 
    Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    Darrens bike

He sold it after having it for 22 years
    I was chatting to him about it at the Harp and Crown some while back.

I remember his enthusiasm about the wheel rebuild in particular, he was like a proud dad.

Everything else is shyte

4. Re: 470four 
    Banned
    I know what you mean, back in the summer he was telling me he had just gotten some new parts over from Japan. He certainly loved that bike

5. Re: 470four 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellybambam
    [quote author=Conehead link=1356176827/47#47 date=1356267280]I would love to send my respect to him and his family in this way even though I did not meet him.

Would anyone mind or would you prefer to keep it to those who knew him?
    Having known Darren, i'm fairly sure that the more bikes that are there, the better.[/quote]
    I don't think I ever met Darren either but I'd like to be there to show my respect for a fellow biker

6. Re: 470four 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeellis1709
    [quote author=Nellybambam link=1356176827/48#48 date=1356267356][quote author=Conehead link=1356176827/47#47 date=1356267280]I would love to send my respect to him and his family in this way even though I did not meet him.

Would anyone mind or would you prefer to keep it to those who knew him?
    Having known Darren, i'm fairly sure that the more bikes that are there, the better.[/quote]
    I don't think I ever met Darren either but I'd like to be there to show my respect for a fellow biker[/quote]
    I'd like to come too if it's ok.
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

7. Re: 470four 
    Everyone is welcome. I am aware of the Ducati forum also organising a ride. Once a day is sorted we can arrange the details for meeting etc. The attire for the day will be anything but black funeral stuff. (Seeing as most bikers will have black leathers don't worry about that just wear colourful or quirky tshirt a beneath.) The family want it to be a day of celebration for his life, what he did, how he did it. Everything Darren basically. No sad faces!

Crosbie

8. Re: 470four 
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz
    Funeral currently expected to be 8th or 9th Jan. There is also a request for a pillion ride for a non-biking friend so if anyone can volunteer that'd be great

More updates to come
    I'm sure there will be someone with more experience who can help out, but if not I have a spare seat.
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

9. Re: 470four 
    Rally-64
    This is very tragic news. Darren was a lovely guy who I only had the pleasure of meeting a couple of times. There is a very long thread running on the Ducati forum as well as the UKMOC forum. The links are sadly not allowed to be posted by me, as I haven't posted 10 previous messages!

RIP Darren.

10. Re: 470four 
    I will probably have a pillion seat available, so as long as they have a helmet I can probably help out...

Outriders?
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...