Both Dad and I were very honoured to be a part of today. The news shocked us that Darren had been so low and taken his own life that it's still sinking in now and I'm sure we all wished he was still here today but life sometimes deals a real **** hand and all we can do is comfort each other at this difficult time.... I think we did a grand job today.

Darren to me was a free spirit, a person who was always willing to help, to put a smile on your face or make you giggle by doing something goofy! I will miss his big grin and having a little catch up on FB. He always asked after Alfie and Dad, he was just a top bloke to me and someone who wasn't afraid to speak his mind.

Today was emotional but wonderful. Listening to the love his family felt for him and the sorrow they feel now at not having him with them will stay with me forever. I feel very proud of being part of Darren's last ride out, it was a perfect day, the sun shone and the sky was blue, the roads were dry and the journey was clear. Thanks to all that made it happen.

RIP Hairy Maclarey, thank you for making me laugh, smile and giggle, you were a diamond geezer.

Love and peace dude

Roxy xxxx