Notices

Thread: Speeding Ticket

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
  1. Re: Speeding Ticket 
    A question for the safety nazis: If speed cameras truly are a safety device to save lives, why are they not situated outside every school in the country? :-?
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

2. Re: Speeding Ticket 
    Diamond Member
    I would imagine it's because relatively few accidents happen outside schools?

When you see school signs, and yellow zigzags, and lollipop ladies (or persons!), most people slow down. The accident blackspots (again I would imagine, I have no evidence of this), are where people assume it's safe to do over the speed limits, and there are hidden dangers, like roads where traffic emerges, or a park nearby where children might run out in the road, or higher proportion of disable people who can't across quickly, but we assume they will cross in plenty of time so don't slow down until it's to late?

Not sure why riding/driving safely makes you a nazi? Surely you can travel safely without wanting to gas millions of Jews?

3. Re: Speeding Ticket 
    Banned
    Explain the 50mph speed limit and camera on the dual carriageway coming from Bath to Bathford then. How is a dead straight section of dual carriageway a black spot?

4. Re: Speeding Ticket 
    Swanny,
    Budgets mean the road gets checked once every 20 years as a 50mph zone, whereas national speed limit is every 10. All about the budgets mate.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

5. Re: Speeding Ticket 
    Diamond Member
    I don't know, what you asking me for? Lol

Call the safety camera partnership and ask them!