Notices

Thread: Speeding Ticket

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Speeding Ticket 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabb
    If it was in "Bath & North East Somerset" you'll probably be alright as their cameras are no longer in operation. If it is in Wiltshire - The cameras are still in operation.
    I didn't realise the Wiltshire scameras were working

2. Re: Speeding Ticket 
    Yep, two pics are a backup speed check if the radar reading is questioned.

There was a case a fwe years back where a van was clocked doing over 80. The driver disputed this and the pics were duly examined..... they showed he was in a traffic jam!!! The radar had picked up the revolving fan on the roof.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

3. Re: Speeding Ticket 
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabb
    [quote author=Conehead link=1359401563/6#6 date=1359406430][quote author=Rabb link=1359401563/5#5 date=1359405153]I believe it takes two photos of you at a specified time gap.
    It then calculates your speed by working out how long it took you to get from the closest marker line to the furthest marker line; then it's a simple calculation to see if you're speeding.
    I've only ever been done once 72 mph in a 50 mph zone (10 years ago)
    3 points & £60 fine....
    Cheers Rabb. I should be ok if thats the case. I blame the X5 trying to show off next to me, thus forcing me to show off. :-[ :-[ :-[[/quote]

Where was the camera?
    If it was in "Bath & North East Somerset" you'll probably be alright as their cameras are no longer in operation. If it is in Wiltshire - The cameras are still in operation.[/quote]

I think you will find its the other way round. Cameras have been switched off in Wilts for over a year now, also no camera vans. Somerset still very much live.

4. Re: Speeding Ticket 
    Banned
    They still have the camera van on the dual carriageway going up towards the motorway from Bath but I think both those cameras are off.
    50mph speed limit on a dual carriageway is ridicules >

5. Re: Speeding Ticket 
    Quote Originally Posted by Conehead
    On the topic of speeding and never having the pleasure of getting one.

From the date of the incident to the date of receiving the ticket, how long would this take for a camera fine.

Only asking out of curiosity, not like I would ever speed. :-? :-? : : : :

Also for a camera to snap you speeding would it have to be before the end of the line markings on the road or would you be safe if it happened just after the lines.

Once again, only asking out of curiosity. :-/ :-/
    You should receive paperwork within 14 days of the date of the incident, and the paperwork should be in the form of a NIP (Notice of Intended Prosecution), and a requirement for the name and address of the driver/rider at the time of the incident. Normally there is also paperwork showing the evidence against the driver/rider and the various options to deal with the speeding offence dependent on how much over the limit a person was travelling at, i.e. driver awareness course, Fixed Penalty Notice, Court etc etc.

6. Re: Speeding Ticket 
    Diamond Member
    According to my 'driver awareness course' last week, wiltshire is being switched back on very shortly....

7. Re: Speeding Ticket 
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    They still have the camera van on the dual carriageway going up towards the motorway from Bath but I think both those cameras are off.
    I quite agree it's absolutely madness > > > >

I'm all in favour of rigidly sticking to the 30's in towns etc and wish they were enforced but putting stupid, idiotic, low limits like 50 on a clear, straight, dual carriageway like that is plain stupid....argh feel better now

8. Re: Speeding Ticket 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    [quote author=Swanny link=1359401563/13#13 date=1359461286]They still have the camera van on the dual carriageway going up towards the motorway from Bath but I think both those cameras are off.

I'm all in favour of rigidly sticking to the 30's in towns etc and wish they were enforced but putting stupid, idiotic, low limits like 50 on a clear, straight, dual carriageway like that is plain stupid....argh feel better now [/quote]

That stretch is 50mph due to the queues of traffic that can build up going into Bath. Both layby's are regular spots for the mobile speed cameras.

9. Re: Speeding Ticket 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    I'm all in favour of rigidly sticking to the 30's in towns etc and wish they were enforced but putting stupid, idiotic, low limits like 50 on a clear, straight, dual carriageway like that is plain stupid....argh feel better now
    If people didn't keep dying there, it wouldn't be a problem! lol

Reduced speed limits can only put in place on an otherwise national zone for a reason. Sometimes a reason you or I might not be aware of!

One thing I didn't realise, is camera vans are not allowed to put the money made back into the police forces, they have to go back into local safety projects. The guy leading the course I had to do, said all the money in hampshire pretty much solely goes back into running the Air Ambulance service.

Having now done the course, and being apprehensive about it beforehand, I think it should be a mandatory requirement every 5 years for any license holder to attend one. How many of you know your CURRENT highway code?

I only did my driving test 5 years ago, and my bike one 2 years, but already lots had changed that I hadn't realised!

10. Re: Speeding Ticket 
    Quote Originally Posted by GixxerStu
    [quote author=Nicky link=1359401563/16#16 date=1359479284][quote author=Swanny link=1359401563/13#13 date=1359461286]They still have the camera van on the dual carriageway going up towards the motorway from Bath but I think both those cameras are off.

I'm all in favour of rigidly sticking to the 30's in towns etc and wish they were enforced but putting stupid, idiotic, low limits like 50 on a clear, straight, dual carriageway like that is plain stupid....argh feel better now [/quote]

That stretch is 50mph due to the queues of traffic that can build up going into Bath. Both layby's are regular spots for the mobile speed cameras.[/quote]

The traffic queues there aint 24/7 and if a road user cant see traffic building up on that road and slow down accordingly they shouldnt be driving!