Notices

Thread: Speeding Ticket

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. Speeding Ticket 
    Diamond Member
    Britain's first ever speeding ticket was handed out in August 1896 after an East Peckham man was clocked at four times the legal limit travelling down Paddock Wood High Street.

Walter Arnold was travelling at 8mph and fined one shilling

2. Re: Speeding Ticket 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GixxerStu
    Britain's first ever speeding ticket was handed out in August 1896 after an East Peckham man was clocked at four times the legal limit travelling down Paddock Wood High Street.

Walter Arnold was travelling at 8mph and fined one shilling
    His lights were also illegal because the candle had the wrong type of wax and the flag he was waving was the wrong shade of red ;D Somethings never change in transportation......

3. Re: Speeding Ticket 
    ;D ;D ;D
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

4. Re: Speeding Ticket 
    On the topic of speeding and never having the pleasure of getting one.

From the date of the incident to the date of receiving the ticket, how long would this take for a camera fine.

Only asking out of curiosity, not like I would ever speed. :-? :-? : : : :

Also for a camera to snap you speeding would it have to be before the end of the line markings on the road or would you be safe if it happened just after the lines.

Once again, only asking out of curiosity. :-/ :-/
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

5. Re: Speeding Ticket 
    Banned
    They caught on to that cash cow right from day one ;D

6. Re: Speeding Ticket 
    Platinum Member
    I believe it takes two photos of you at a specified time gap.
    It then calculates your speed by working out how long it took you to get from the closest marker line to the furthest marker line; then it's a simple calculation to see if you're speeding.
    I've only ever been done once 72 mph in a 50 mph zone (10 years ago)
    3 points & £60 fine....

7. Re: Speeding Ticket 
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabb
    I believe it takes two photos of you at a specified time gap.
    It then calculates your speed by working out how long it took you to get from the closest marker line to the furthest marker line; then it's a simple calculation to see if you're speeding.
    3 points & £60 fine....
    Cheers Rabb. I should be ok if thats the case. I blame the X5 trying to show off next to me, thus forcing me to show off. :-[ :-[ :-[

8. Re: Speeding Ticket 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Conehead
    [quote author=Rabb link=1359401563/5#5 date=1359405153]I believe it takes two photos of you at a specified time gap.
    3 points & £60 fine....
    Cheers Rabb. I should be ok if thats the case. I blame the X5 trying to show off next to me, thus forcing me to show off. :-[ :-[ :-[[/quote]

Where was the camera?
    If it was in "Bath & North East Somerset" you'll probably be alright as their cameras are no longer in operation. If it is in Wiltshire - The cameras are still in operation.

9. Re: Speeding Ticket 
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabb
    [quote author=Conehead link=1359401563/6#6 date=1359406430][quote author=Rabb link=1359401563/5#5 date=1359405153]I believe it takes two photos of you at a specified time gap.
    3 points & £60 fine....
    Cheers Rabb. I should be ok if thats the case. I blame the X5 trying to show off next to me, thus forcing me to show off. :-[ :-[ :-[[/quote]

Where was the camera?
    If it was in "Bath & North East Somerset" you'll probably be alright as their cameras are no longer in operation. If it is in Wiltshire - The cameras are still in operation.[/quote]

The camera (that I did not speed past ;D ;D) was on A303 next to Solstice Park just before Amesbury (Heading West). I think I was doing about 69 next to it and over lines but opened her up quickly almost at the last line. Was concentrating on road and didn't check how quick the speed was piling on. I think I should be ok, just worrying myself.

10. Re: Speeding Ticket 
    Sorry for hijacking this post ;D ;D ;D