Notices

Thread: So what's causing this current cold spell?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
  1. Re: So what's causing this current cold spell? 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    No thanks I have all that and more on my PC

Ok then as you're interested in the planet what do you think about what's happening at Fukushima??
    I don't know enough about the subject to have an informed opinion on Fukushima.

2. Re: So what's causing this current cold spell? 
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    It could be global warming or it could be due to the fact that.......IT'S F#CKING WINTER!
    What next? the leaves turning brown in September is due to climate change.

Exactly we should all remember its February.

3. Re: So what's causing this current cold spell? 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goz1960
    [quote author=dan_geoghegan link=1358540537/7#7 date=1358638934]It could be global warming or it could be due to the fact that.......IT'S F#CKING WINTER!
    What next? the leaves turning brown in September is due to climate change.

Exactly we should all remember its February. [/quote]

And its still February in the southern hemisphere where its quite hot at the moment..... the threads about the interaction of the climate across the whole world not just in our own backyard

4. Re: So what's causing this current cold spell? 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    [quote author=Swanny link=1358540537/79#79 date=1360673023]No thanks I have all that and more on my PC

Ok then as you're interested in the planet what do you think about what's happening at Fukushima??

I don't know enough about the subject to have an informed opinion on Fukushima. [/quote]

Well it's effecting you and your loved ones

5. Re: So what's causing this current cold spell? 
    Diamond Member
    [quote author=BMWGraeme link=1358540537/80#80 date=1360673239][quote author=Swanny link=1358540537/79#79 date=1360673023]No thanks I have all that and more on my PC

I don't know enough about the subject to have an informed opinion on Fukushima. [/quote]

Well it's effecting you and your loved ones[/quote]

Is it? In what way?

I haven't noticed any changes because of it over here in the UK. It wouldn't be the first or the last time that a nuclear reactor went awol either but I can't see the world ending because of it or the earth knocked off its axis as a result The world didn't end following Nagasaki, Hiroshima, Long Island or Chernobyl. Sure, pretty bad for the locals but looking at the bigger picture I can't see it having a long term affect on my or my childrens future if it goes belly up over there.

6. Re: So what's causing this current cold spell? 
    Banned
    It's already gone belly up. It's pumping out radiation which is circulating the Northern Hemisphere. Airborne Radiation doesn't just stay where next to the source, it's also leaking into the sea which is spreading.
    The West coast of North America is being effected with fall out now.

Apart from moving you and your loved ones to the Southern Hemisphere there's bugger all you can do about it so best not look in to it. Of course that's only a short term fix as it's slowly making it's way there.

Not to worry

7. Re: So what's causing this current cold spell? 
    Diamond Member
    It's already gone belly up. It's pumping out radiation which is circulating the Northern Hemisphere. Airborne Radiation doesn't just stay where next to the source, it's as so leaking into the sea.

Apart from moving you and your loved ones to the Southern Hemisphere there's bugger all you can do about it so best not look in to it. Of course that's only a short term fix as it's slowly making it's way there.

Not to worry
    Jeez, we don't need to be wearing any HiViz anymore....we must be glowing in the dark! Best stop riding our bikes and start stocking up on food then.

As I said, its not the first or the last time a nuclear reactor has gone belly up... we will survive! Strange how its not on the world news though - that we're all in iminent mortal danger....it was all over the news when Chernobyl blew. Nothing on the breakfast news this morning. Maybe all the news chiefs around the world are keeping it hush hush. Or is it only on the internet that we're doomed?

Edit: A quick look on the internet shows research is available that Fukashima has put out a 10th of the radiation and affected a 10th of the area of population as Chernobyl. Hopefully MotoGP will go ahead as it did last year.

8. Re: So what's causing this current cold spell? 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme

Jeez, we don't need to be wearing any HiViz anymore....we must be glowing in the dark! Best stop riding our bikes and start stocking up on food then.

As I said, its not the first or the last time a nuclear reactor has gone belly up... we will survive! Strange how its not on the world news though - that we're all in iminent mortal danger....it was all over the news when Chernobyl blew. Nothing on the breakfast news this morning. Maybe all the news chiefs around the world are keeping it hush hush. Or is it only on the internet that we're doomed?
    I think it's very strange that it's not all over the mainstream media, I can show you hundreds of news stories that are talking about it. And experts in the field of radiation that are calling for something to be done.
    You're right it was all over the news when Chernobyl blew and they covered that in concrete within 7 days. Wonder why they made such a big deal out of Chernobyl but don't seem bother about Fukushima when it's four times the problem??
    Just out of interest what good is stocking up on food going to do?? You can't hide from radiation. And we should be riding our bikes even more just in case our days are numbered

9. Re: So what's causing this current cold spell? 
    Diamond Member
    Just out of interest what good is stocking up on food going to do?? You can't hide from radiation. And we should be riding our bikes even more just in case our days are numbered
    Radiation will kill off all plant life and the animals we eat...hence the need to stock up on things with a long shelf life. Yeah, cabin fever has struck - we need to ride our bikes more

10. Re: So what's causing this current cold spell? 
    Banned
    Maybe Fukushima is just a conspiracy theory