I would urge all my friends on here to join the army of volunteers who have already signed up to PM Cameron’s ‘Big Society’ (BS) working tirelessly for no financial gain, proud to be taking up an active role in the BS while enjoying such a rewarding experience at the same time.

My wife insisted on stopping off for a coffee at the McDonalds restaurant in Trowbridge earlier. An unlikely place to find inspiration to do my little bit for the BS initiative, I hear you say.

Well those of you who frequent McDs will be familiar with the fast-food chain’s free coffee promotion – collect 6 stickers (one for every cup purchased) stick them on a voucher to be redeemed at the service counter for your free cup. While my wife visited the ladies’ room, I scoured all the empty tables removing the unwanted stickers from all the discarded paper cups and managed to collect enough for two free coffees in such a short space of time.

I’m going back tomorrow to collect more. I’m not ripping-off McDs as all the discarded cups with stickers were purchased and as the brand name is a symbol of the capitalist ‘American dream’ no harm in me assisting the ‘trickle-down-effect.’

What has this to do with the BS? I hear you ask. Well, when I have collected a significant number of vouchers I shall bring them along to my local ‘soup kitchen’ and distribute them among all those who have recently been made homeless as a direct result of PM Cameron’s ‘Bedroom Tax'.

:P :P :P