Notices

Thread: 'Your country needs you'

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: 'Your country needs you' 
    Banned
    If they stopped letting immigrants in there would be plenty of room for all of us. This is just an excuse to get money out of us.

'Your country needs you'
    We need a new government, but the ones on offer are all controlled by the same puppet masters

2. Re: 'Your country needs you' 
    I discovered last week that council tax relief (ie benefit) has been abolished from April 2013. That's really going to help those poor students among us (ie ME) along with 100's of other people who currently get a second adult reduction as that's been scrapped too. Kiss goodbye to the 25% reduction in council tax for being the only adult in the house. > >

Yours,
    pissed off of Chippenham.
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

3. Re: 'Your country needs you' 
    Banned

4. Re: 'Your country needs you' 
    Banned
    Local government provide services such as police, fire, recycling, refuse collection and removal, schools, leisure centres, park and ride schemes, parks and open spaces, street cleaning, subsidising of public transport, tourism, museums, social housing grants, housing and council tax benefits, environmental health and food safety in pubs, restaurants and shops, planning services, support for voluntary groups, meals on wheels, facilities for young people, adapting homes for disabled people, play centres for children, cctv installation, sports facilities, issuing taxi licences, flood defences, and many others.

Sorry but I don't want to pay for that stuff. I don't even have a street light near my house, I don't visit the museum, the only thing worth paying for is the fire brigade, emptying the bins and cleaning the streets and looking after the parks. I couldn't give a monkeys about the rest on the list.
    Tourism in Trogtown...... Do me a favour ;D

5. Re: 'Your country needs you' 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    Local government provide services such as police, fire, recycling, refuse collection and removal, schools, leisure centres, park and ride schemes, parks and open spaces, street cleaning, subsidising of public transport, tourism, museums, social housing grants, housing and council tax benefits, environmental health and food safety in pubs, restaurants and shops, planning services, support for voluntary groups, meals on wheels, facilities for young people, adapting homes for disabled people, play centres for children, cctv installation, sports facilities, issuing taxi licences, flood defences, and many others.

Sorry but I don't want to pay for that stuff. I don't even have a street light near my house, I don't visit the museum, the only thing worth paying for is the fire brigade, emptying the bins and cleaning the streets and looking after the parks. I couldn't give a monkeys about the rest on the list.
    Looking outside of your own personal "bubble" are you saying all of the above should be stopped for everyone else then? I don't use all of these services either but what would be the alternative - pay as you go?

6. Re: 'Your country needs you' 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    [quote author=Swanny link=1360272409/13#13 date=1360502381]Local government provide services such as police, fire, recycling, refuse collection and removal, schools, leisure centres, park and ride schemes, parks and open spaces, street cleaning, subsidising of public transport, tourism, museums, social housing grants, housing and council tax benefits, environmental health and food safety in pubs, restaurants and shops, planning services, support for voluntary groups, meals on wheels, facilities for young people, adapting homes for disabled people, play centres for children, cctv installation, sports facilities, issuing taxi licences, flood defences, and many others.

Looking outside of your own personal "bubble" are you saying all of the above should be stopped for everyone else then? I don't use all of these services either but what would be the alternative - pay as you go?
    [/quote]

And I assume you wouldn't bother to call the police if a loved one went missing?

7. Re: 'Your country needs you' 
    Banned
    Why should I pay for schools???

8. Re: 'Your country needs you' 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    Why should I pay for schools???
    Why should those without their own transport pay for the roads you use?

9. Re: 'Your country needs you' 
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    Not all tenants living in public housing will be adversely affected by Cameron’s new ‘bedroom tax.’

Tenants residing in the Royal household will receive a 16 per cent rise in benefits from this April, increasing from £31million to £36.1 million courtesy of the taxpayer. > :-?

At least the echoes from the false claim, “We are all in this together” have now stopped. :-X
    This is costs related and nothing to do with the benefits reduction which cannot apply to Royal Residences..they perform a totally different function than a 3 bed semi in Battersea :

P.S. In your ,so far, unexplained Republic presumably these RRs will be demolished and so will no longer be a cost and all the international business and meet/greets will take place in a local Weatherspoons when your leader of the republic---whichever grabbing imbecile from the politicos arselicks their way to the job :-?

Millionaire Labour bruvs the Mealymouths could do it together--rake in even more easy cash.
    I know you follow footie Ken so check out Sunderland FC and payment to Dave Mealymouth. Quite a change in son of a pro Marxist anti Capitalist who himself ended up joining the Royal family fighting the Nazi by being in the Royal Navy ---even his Red Army grandfather scarppered over here when Poland was invaded.........seems some confusion as to where their loyalyties lie with these former immigrants...guess it is where they can make some easy cash and are safe....................oh! that is in a country that has Constitutional Monarchy isn't it :-?
    Wonder what your Labour heros would do if they got their grubby little paws on things by way of republicanism ...historically we know they are utter failures as far as being in government is concerned...........don't bear thinking about :P :P

You were saying Ken ;D ;D
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

10. Re: 'Your country needs you' 
    Diamond Member
    Col

If you are going to engage with me in a sensible debate please refrain from making false assumptions about my political affiliation. I have never voted for nor do I support New Labour in its current right-wing form.

My post relating to the Royal household has nothing to do with my Republican views – I was merely attempting to hammer another six inch nail in to the “We are all in this together” coffin.

Although I respect your comments about the function of the Royals, what kind of message do you think their 16 per cent benefit increase award at a time when the poorest 660,000 are facing cuts, sends out to the country? What ever happened to the ‘Mansion tax’?