Notices

Thread: 'Your country needs you'

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
  1. Re: 'Your country needs you' 
    Quote Originally Posted by Col
    Loving the action here..where's me popcorn smiley 8-)

regarding the waffle about flooding and having a house on a flood plain....

errrrrrrr I like Hunars signature sentence ;D ;D
    I quite like yours, with a little addition

"beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy, weed proves he wants us to live in peace"

toke toke pass...
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

2. Re: 'Your country needs you' 
    Platinum Member
    Don't forget the government taxes you on everything you buy as well as income tax.
    I don't believe it's everything (for example some goods are VAT free) but I take your point.

However don't forget that ALL of us take from the system in some way. Whether that be refuse collection, street lighting, NHS, police etc. etc.

The vast majority of people in this country are actually takers. Yes they pay tax, but they also take in either direct benefits or indirectly via schools, NHS, refuse collection.
    Unless you are a genuine hermit who lives in the woods off rabbits then you will be using such services.

If you are on an average salary then you are probably a taker and not a giver.

I'm not saying I have any issue with (genuine) takers - I don't. Simply that most people are quick to assess what they put it, without counting the cost of what they take out whether it's via hospitals, police, school, army keeping the peace etc.