Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
Humar I certainly don't have a **** everyone else approach, I just don't like to see my tax wasted on **** we don't need. And even more I don't want my tax wasted on people that buy houses in high risk flood zones.

By the way I too have war heroes in my family :P
I believe you said that YOU shouldn't pay for things that YOU don't want, not things that you THINK we (society in general) don't need.

As Scotty pointed out, read reply #13 on this thread which you wrote and explain to me how you not wanting to help disabled people live in their own homes or get a decent meal delivered isn't a "f**k them" attitude? I have already raised this and other points in a previous post, I note that you have not responded to the majority of those points and just picked out the point about flooding. Perhaps if you did that would go someway to helping me understand how it isn't a "f**k them" type of attitude that you put across in reply #13.

I hope those war heroes in your family are rich enough to pay for their own home modifications if they need them now or in the future, from your comments I trust they would receive no help from you? How about the more recent batch of heroes who come home with limbs blown off and other physical and mental disabilities? we, or you, shouldn't bother to help them either? Or how about a regular member of the public, who has never served in our armed forces but has a disability which means that in order to live as much of an independent life as possible they need some modifications to their home, but their disability prevents them from working to earn the money to pay for them? I can remind you of what you said in case you're not sure,

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
Local government provide services such as adapting homes for disabled people. Sorry but I don't want to pay for that stuff, I couldn't give a monkeys
Sounds like a "F**k them" attitude to me, but I could be wrong, I would be interested in undertanding how it isn't though.

Oh and it's HUNAR