Notices

Thread: Breakdown cover

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Breakdown cover 
    Platinum Member
    As i do most of my own maintenance, breakdown cover is essential, especially straight after buying a bike, and you're 'learning' the tank range Only ever used one of the big 3, why would you go elsewhere?

2. Re: Breakdown cover 
    Platinum Member
    I'm with " Bikesure breakdown - Adrian Flux "
    Touch wood - Ive never had to use them - I'm pretty good at the maintenance side :-)

3. Re: Breakdown cover 
    Mitch9128, at the time I had no choice as money was and still is an issue, if it wasn't I would definately have gone for the AA, RAC or Greenflag. Anyway, lesson learnt and I will be making a formal complaint as I dont believe the problem has anything to do with maintenance but rather water in the fuel.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

4. Re: Breakdown cover 
    Platinum Member
    Having just used breakdown on Saturday I had a fantastic service from the RAC. They rang me back within 10 minutes to ask the problem and as he was only a patrol car said he would not waste my time by coming out to check over the bike but would arrange for a flat bed to come and recover us.

All done within 90 minutes

Dont know if it was anything to do with being a women on her own

5. Re: Breakdown cover 
    Quote Originally Posted by Conehead
    Mitch9128, at the time I had no choice as money was and still is an issue, if it wasn't I would definately have gone for the AA, RAC or Greenflag. Anyway, lesson learnt and I will be making a formal complaint as I dont believe the problem has anything to do with maintenance but rather water in the fuel.
    I'm spotting a pattern here ! Yours, mine and rabs, surely not, I know the weather's been ****e but to suck so much water up ??????

6. Re: Breakdown cover 
    Platinum Member
    No the battery is not charging :-?

7. Re: Breakdown cover 
    I have RAC through My insurance, had nothing but trouble as they have never sent a van equipped for MC's even when I told them I needed recovery they sent a normal van, took me 5.5 hours to be recovered less than 2 miles a few months back > Have used http://www.sos-motorcycle-recovery.co.uk/ many times in the past and they were always great...

8. Re: Breakdown cover 
    Platinum Member
    I am certain that my recent problems are due to too much water in the fuel I bought at a particular petrol station - I am going to phone their head office Tomorrow.
    If I speak to the station concerned I am sure that I will be told that it's not possible (and be fobbed off)

Update : I have just emailed their customer services and I await a reponse.

9. Re: Breakdown cover 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Conehead
    There seems to be enough bad feedback on them, to warrant a Watchdog call.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/

10. Re: Breakdown cover 
    Banned
    I've never had break down cover for any of my vehicles :-/