Notices

Thread: Breakdown cover

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Breakdown cover 
    I've used GEM for a number of years, family policy covers individuals and not vehicles they even recover following an accident. Cashback available on the premium too from topcashback so it works out good value if you have a few vehicles. We did have 4 bikes and 2 cars and we have called them out a few times always prompt efficient service (they use local breakdown companies.)

2. Re: Breakdown cover 
    They have screwed you over royally there and it might be worth giving the old trading standards a ring to see what they say about it.

I had AA cover with the GS500 and they were brilliant when it wouldn't start. I stick with Green flag now because they cover all the vehicles and it is alot less than most companies.

Time for a change if company i believe mate as it doesn't specify that it has to be manufacturer warranty stamped.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

3. Re: Breakdown cover 
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz
    I've always stuck with the AA , RAC or green flag for breakdown - need to have faith in bein rescued
    Agree I've always had RAC but now changed to AA this year. stick with the larger well known companies

4. Re: Breakdown cover 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb
    [quote author=Dabz link=1350849403/7#7 date=1350852723]I've always stuck with the AA , RAC or green flag for breakdown - need to have faith in bein rescued
    Agree I've always had RAC but now changed to AA this year. stick with the larger well known companies[/quote]

;D ;D You say that but .......once after getting a puncture in Ciren-got it plugged and being followed by AA van on way home for tyre to deflate again and not able to fix was then left out in the sticks after my location was sent by AA van man ..told I'd be recovered in an hour 8-)

Had no phone so waited and waited only for daughter to drive out to find me snoozing in the grass ...apparently my details had 'gone missing' so I could have been there for ever more :...after a call the AA eventually sent out another firm

so you can't absolutely guarantee that the better known firms are any better than others.

Seems to me they all work this breakdown business together anyway so even if you were with one a local garage could turn up.....makes sense though as plenty of vehicles and road miles to cover nationally
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

5. Re: Breakdown cover 
    +1 for AA. Brilliant. They've recovered the Cub and recovered the Mini a fair few times.

Em uses RAC ans swears by them.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

6. Re: Breakdown cover 
    its not a laughing matter, bike recovery on the whole is soo flakey to the point of being crap, recall your ride out to Poole last year September time, I caught you all up on my zx9 past shaftsbury where my head gasket blew, I peeled off at the side of the road and phoned carol Nash recovery, was part of my insurance, well 9 calls and 9 hours 2 tow trucks later, after you guys rode past laughing on the way HOME I was close to giving up hope, eventually my mate turned up in his van to bundle the bike in the back. After further complaints and follow up calls to let them know I'd recovered myself in the end all I got was a .......well we are glad your finally home unfortunately there are no recovery vehicles in your area equipped for bikes.

in essence feckin useless.

7. Re: Breakdown cover 
    You really were SCREWED! I would really go and complain to Trading Standards!

Stay with the main recovery companies!

I use the RAC now, well it's provided by Honda for two years with a new bike so I'm stuck with it, not complaining!

Prior to that I used the AA who were also good!

'12 NC700X

8. Re: Breakdown cover 
    @Gooz yeah about bike recovery....bizarrely I had another puncture in Westbury---I get punctures real easy :'(

---again plug and followed for tyre to deflate again :

..AA man reckoned their new vans would be kitted with a rig to transport bikes unfortunately for me I had to wait in the layby with the cafe on Melksham road which was closed
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

9. Re: Breakdown cover 
    I'm another with the RAC - stuck with them as they cover me and all my vehicles, including the 26 year old CG for accidents and breakdowns

I did once complain (they took hours to recover me at 1am, even knowing I was a lone female stranded in the back-of-beyond) and I got an apology and gift vouchers to help make up for it.
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

10. Re: Breakdown cover 
    Diamond Member
    What's breakdown cover? - I've got a Yammy :P