Notices

Thread: Breakdown cover

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Re: Breakdown cover 
    Platinum Member
    A couple of years back i caused several miles of tailbacks on the M4, i'd just got my 9r, and the range wasn't as good as the previous bike. I ran out of fuel 300 yards short of Membury, in the 2 lane contraflow,they had to shut the whole contraflow for 20 mins whilst i was recovered onto the truck, oh the shame

2. Re: Breakdown cover 
    UPDATE:

4 months of arguements, letters back and forth and threats of further action with Trading Standards. The company have now agreed that the liability is theirs to bear and they will be paying my claim. The only fight now is how much. I am sending all of the receipts I kept for the van hire, fuel, tolls, etc and will be sending them off in the morning for them to calculate a compensation amount.

I hope this thread has made people think about their policies and that they must not give up on the fight.

Thanks for all the previous positive comments and I can guarantee you that I wont be using this company ever again. I would rather spend the extra and go with Greenflag.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

3. Re: Breakdown cover 
    Quote Originally Posted by Conehead
    UPDATE:

4 months of arguements, letters back and forth and threats of further action with Trading Standards. The company have now agreed that the liability is theirs to bear and they will be paying my claim. The only fight now is how much. I am sending all of the receipts I kept for the van hire, fuel, tolls, etc and will be sending them off in the morning for them to calculate a compensation amount.

I hope this thread has made people think about their policies and that they must not give up on the fight.

Thanks for all the previous positive comments and I can guarantee you that I wont be using this company ever again. I would rather spend the extra and go with Greenflag.
    I'd calculate your own claim, including the cost of your time, itemise it and bill them. I wouldn't let them calculate it for you.

Glad it's got a good ending for you.

4. Re: Breakdown cover 
    Platinum Member
    Had good service from Carole Nash/AA recently when I had to be recovered after punctures.

Carole Nash insurance includes European breakdown so worth considering if you are planning on going to Europe as it's a very cost effective way of doing it.

5. Re: Breakdown cover 
    Despite the bad experience for Gooz above; I recommend Carole Nash, they were very helpful when I unexpectedly needed to buy a tyre in France. They were completely unfazed when I asked if there was an age limit as the ZZR was 15 years old at the time of taking the policy. In fact they simplydismissed the age issue reminding me that their business was based on insuring classic vehicles. And of course best of all it's included in the insurance premium, which for me has always been competitive.
    Orange ones are faster, but red ones are more comfortable!

6. Re: Breakdown cover 
    Banned
    nice one Coney [smiley=thumbup.gif]

7. Re: Breakdown cover 
    I have been searching for decent European breakdown cover and it has been a nightmare reading all the small print from various companies.
    Surprised at all the positive comments about the AA because general consences is to avoid them like the plague and after chatting to one of their operators yesterday I have to agree.
    Thing with breakdown cover is their are a lot of eventualities that you are not covered for like bike vandalised and not rideable,taken ill on trip,injury so not able to continue to ride.Most breakdown covers are just that,breakdown only and no your travel insurance probably won't get your bike repatriated.
    In the end I found a company called startrescue.co.uk that covers all the above and nearly forgot,also covers travelling into places like Croatia,Slovenia,Bosnia which again a lot of companies don't.