Notices

Thread: Mobile phones are killing us

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Mobile phones are killing us 
    Diamond Member
    It's all bollocks anyway. The last 2 people I knew personally to have died all led about as clean a lifestyle as you could get these days. Cancer got them both.

Same way, my stepdads friend is still alive at 95 and he still drinks and smokes every day, and uses a mobile phone! Imagine that!

If it's your time, it's your time, and something will get you.

Life eh? Nobody ever got out alive!

2. Re: Mobile phones are killing us 
    Banned
    I guess none of you lot care about your kids then??

3. Re: Mobile phones are killing us 
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    I guess none of you lot care about your kids then??
    Nothing to do with that at all. Merely saying that there is nothing we can do about it. Banning mobiles, cars, microwaves, gamma rays, alien invasion....just not going to happen!

We have to live with what we got. There is going to be no revolution, trust me.

"the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

4. Re: Mobile phones are killing us 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosbie
    So when are you going to stop riding your bike? ;D
    Not going to Nor do I intend to give up smoking, drinking or any of the other daft things I do, but I don't need a cordless phone, wi-fi or a microwave oven so I see no point in having something that I don't need in my house if there's a chance it's going to do me harm.
    I don't intend to live to a ripe old age, I'd much rather go out early while having fun, rather than sitting around in n old peoples home waiting to die and smelling of piss. ;D

5. Re: Mobile phones are killing us 
    Diamond Member
    I think the revolution has already started in global terms - may not reach the UK in my life time or yours Swanny, but it will happen. The ever increasing gap between the rich and poor will not continue forever.

Ironically, it is the modern communication technology which will link up like minded revolutionaries, and there is nothing the ruling classes fear more.

Why do you think our current government tightened up legislation relating to social networking sites? Just my personal opinion.

6. Re: Mobile phones are killing us 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz
    You'd save the environment more by giving up your fossil-fuel-burning motorcycle than your mobile telephone swanny...
    Actually if the bee die of is because of the mobile phones then burning fossil fuels isn't much of a problem, once the bees go nothing gets pollinated and our food runs out.

7. Re: Mobile phones are killing us 
    "I think the revolution has already started in global terms - may not reach the UK in my life time or yours Swanny, but it will happen. The ever increasing gap between the rich and poor will not continue forever. "

Sorry ken but i can't see China rolling over and taking it. The trouble is we dont live in the one-for-all-and-all-for-one-society any longer. We are all out to look after no1 these days. Hence our greed for cheaper, faster, better more modern possessions whatever the cost. Virtually everything we own is made of some or other resource. That all comes out of the same pot. When that pot is empty, we're screwed. Swanny is right, the phone will kill us. So will the car and our demand for cheap oil, the TVs, the electricity, the gas, the coal it is all being used in vast quantities to satisfy our demand for more easy living. When i say we, i mean every single one of us. We are born and we die. That's our destiny. You are allowed to make a few tweaks along the way but you cant change it. Everything that happens to us happens for a reason. Same with the lump of rock we live on. It only has a certain life span. When it stops breathing its good night vienna.
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

8. Re: Mobile phones are killing us 
    Diamond Member
    Neil you are right in a lot of what you say and I respect your views, but I will never accept that we can’t change the world for the better.

For all the reasons you highlighted and the inevitable consequential outcome you predict, the inhabitants of the planet will have to change their behaviour patterns.

There is no regime in this world that can defeat the will of the people and I include the one party Chinese rulers. If you look at recent events in regions around the world like the Middle-East, Greece, Spain, Italy, Portugal, and to a lesser degree here in Blighty, I think more and more people are asking questions.

I think it is fair to say that with a few exceptions (Australia and Norway perhaps, to name two) most of the western so called democracies which embraced the unregulated capitalist free market system are in effect bankrupt. Some of the bankrupt states are trying to stimulate growth by spending their way out of the economic crisis and others like the UK are following a different path, cutting spending in an attempt to slash their deficits. Neither approach is working – while the financial doctors hold differing views on the levels of dosage within the capitalist treatment programme, I believe that a change in medicine is what the very sick patient needs to aid a full recovery. How can the system which got us in to this mess get us out of it? Who in their right mind would prescribe alcohol to a sick man suffering from liver disease as a result of years of alcohol abuse? Again, just my opinions 8-)

9. Re: Mobile phones are killing us 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    [quote author=Dabz link=1361839554/7#7 date=1361885304]You'd save the environment more by giving up your fossil-fuel-burning motorcycle than your mobile telephone swanny...
    Actually if the bee die of is because of the mobile phones then burning fossil fuels isn't much of a problem, once the bees go nothing gets pollinated and our food runs out. [/quote]

Doubt it with GM and self polinating plants around these days...technology can already replace the bees in that respect.

Anyway the bees only disappeared to help the Doctor find the missing planets - they'll be back for tea soon enough. ;D ;D

10. Re: Mobile phones are killing us 
    Banned
    Who in their right mind would treat a cancer patient with radiation?