Notices

Thread: Mobile phones are killing us

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Mobile phones are killing us 
    Banned
    Very good documentary about the effects of mobile phones.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vb9R0x_0NQ[/media]

I hate the fecking things and wish they were banned.
    I do have one but only because I'm self employed, if it wasn't for that reason I wouldn't have one at all, even the one I have I leave at home as much as possible.

Once the bees are die out so do we

Can you imagine if they tried to ban them, people would go crazy, they'd rather the world died than be without a mobile ;D

2. Re: Mobile phones are killing us 
    Diamond Member
    A mobile phone has never killed anyone Swanny. It is the irresponsible use of them whilst behind the wheel which is the danger.
    Similarly, motorcycles don’t kill people; along with other contributing factors people are usually at fault for causing fatal accidents. (And worsening road surfaces perhaps?) Grrrr!!!

3. Re: Mobile phones are killing us 
    Banned
    Ken they are slowly killing us, our bodies weren't designed to live in today's enviroment. Watch the documentary and you'll understand.
    They didn't know smoking caused cancer at the beginning. You could say a cigarette never killed anyone but we know what constant use does to us. The good thing about smoking is that you can put yourself in smoke free environment, it's not possible to do the same with mobile phones and wi-fi etc.
    My wi-fi has gone but I can still pick up signals from other houses in my road. I threw out my cordless home phone years ago, but same thing I bet my neighbour has one. All I can do is try to lessen the effects.

4. Re: Mobile phones are killing us 
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    Ken they are slowly killing us, our bodies weren't designed to live in today's enviroment. Watch the documentary and you'll understand.
    They didn't know smoking caused cancer at the beginning. You could say a cigarette never killed anyone but we know what constant use does to us. The good thing about smoking is that you can put yourself in smoke free environment, it's not possible to do the same with mobile phones and wi-fi etc.
    My wi-fi has gone but I can still pick up signals from other houses in my road. I threw out my cordless home phone years ago, but same thing I bet my neighbour has one. All I can do is try to lessen the effects.
    Have you tried wearing a tinfoil hat?

5. Re: Mobile phones are killing us 
    As Swanny appears to be rejecting pretty much everything associated with modern society, perhaps his next shopping list will read something like:

* Wood - enough to build a stockade
    * Assault Rifles (at least 2)
    * Ammunition - 5000 rounds should do to begin with
    * Grenades (if available)
    * Tinned food - enough for several years
    * Bottled Water - ditto
    * Megaphone - to communicate with my enemies during the siege

It's happened before, though thankfully normally only in the land of the free....
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

6. Re: Mobile phones are killing us 
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    [quote author=Swanny link=1361839554/2#2 date=1361875523]Ken they are slowly killing us, our bodies weren't designed to live in today's enviroment. Watch the documentary and you'll understand.
    Have you tried wearing a tinfoil hat?[/quote]

;D ;D ;D (just spat coffee at my bosses PC screen!)
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

7. Re: Mobile phones are killing us 
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    What about removing your electrical supply from your house - everything electrical produces EMF argued to be detrimental to health.

Currently designing services to be installed into a band new mansion owned by one of the Wall Street's super-nouveau-riche. His requirement being no wifi, radio, EMF yet still wanting all modern technology... :-? Yet his job which has been his life for years involves being on his phone much of the day around thousands of others on phones :

So when are you going to stop riding your bike? ;D

8. Re: Mobile phones are killing us 
    You'd save the environment more by giving up your fossil-fuel-burning motorcycle than your mobile telephone swanny...
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

9. Re: Mobile phones are killing us 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz
    You'd save the environment more by giving up your fossil-fuel-burning motorcycle than your mobile telephone swanny...
    And less dangerous to boot ;D

10. Re: Mobile phones are killing us 
    Swanny me ol' fruit, i think you worry too much.
    Think of all the things that we have been told that are good for us. Then think of all the things on that list that we have been told are bad for us. White meat, red meat, white wine, red wine, smoking, drinking, sex, cancer treatment, i could go on for hours. The truth is that someone, somewhere, will tell us that X is bad for us. Don't worry about it. Even Stephenson was told when he designed the Rocket that the human body cannot withstand traveling at 30mph as a humans eyes would be under so much pressure that they would come through the back of the head!
    Be happy in the knowledge that you have lived in the greatest era of planet earth. We have grown up as kids not having to be shackled to the house for fear of peados. We learnt to climb trees and we taught ourselves that falling out of them hurt. We have seen electricty, flight, internet, mobile communications etc etc. Sure those things aren't going to last and at some point some loony on the other side of the world is going to press the button and the world will end. Not in our lifetimes though i think.
    So relax mate. What's the point in going through life avoiding everything that is so say bad for us? We'd never leave the damned house!
    Besides, avoid all you like. You're still going to end up in a casket in a hole in the ground aint ya?
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd