Notices

Thread: Best dunking biscuits

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Best dunking biscuits 
    Banned
    Sainsburys own brand hobnobs are my fav at the mo. I think they are called Oaties

2. Re: Best dunking biscuits 
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    Sainsburys own brand hobnobs are my fav at the mo. I think they are called Oaties
    Sainsbury's own brand biscuits are the best!!!! 8-)
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

3. Re: Best dunking biscuits 
    Platinum Member
    I have a 'dirty secret' ................

I dunk "Crunchies"
    - Try it you won't regret it (I graduated from biscuits a few years ago) :-) :-) ;-?

4. Re: Best dunking biscuits 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    Plus they are half the price 8-)

5. Re: Best dunking biscuits 
    Diamond Member
    I’m putting a real dampener on proceedings on this fun thread. :

Did you know that it is very common practice for famous brand named and supermarket’s own brand biscuits to be baked in the same factory/bakehouse in the UK? :-X

In fairness to the suppliers they do change the packaging/labels. :P :-X

6. Re: Best dunking biscuits 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21

Did you know that it is very common practice for famous brand named and supermarket’s own brand biscuits to be baked in the same factory/bakehouse in the UK? :-X

Yes Kenneth.....! : Good job you don't do stand up comedy....

7. Re: Best dunking biscuits 
    Two chocolate hob nobs together (chocolate side in so you don't get messy-Mans logic) & a big mug of Yorkshire tea (heaven)

8. Re: Best dunking biscuits 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GixxerStu
    [quote author=monday21 link=1361269490/24#24 date=1361366279]I’m putting a real dampener on proceedings on this fun thread. :

Yes Kenneth.....! : Good job you don't do stand up comedy.... [/quote]

Sometimes reality and humour clash unfortunately ;D

9. Re: Best dunking biscuits 
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21

Common. It's normal. Even multiple supermarkets are made in the same place. I don't know of any supermarket that owns it's own food factory...

The differences are not just the packet, but the ingredients, mixture, and sublties in the process (temperature, mix times, etc). Basically the only thing often shared is machinery and roof under which these things are made.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

10. Re: Best dunking biscuits 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    [quote author=monday21 link=1361269490/24#24 date=1361366279]I’m putting a real dampener on proceedings on this fun thread. :

Common. It's normal. Even multiple supermarkets are made in the same place. I don't know of any supermarket that owns it's own food factory...

The differences are not just the packet, but the ingredients, mixture, and sublties in the process (temperature, mix times, etc). Basically the only thing often shared is machinery and roof under which these things are made.[/quote]

When I was in college (yeah I know.. long long time ago) I worked holidays in a creamery. We put the cream into cartons for all the high street supermarkets; M&S, Waitrose, Sainsbury's etc etc. It was all the same cream, produced exactly the same way - we just changed the pots and the labels on the machines when doing a different run. M&S was the most expensive because they sent an inspector down every week - none of the others did. On those inspection days we had to wear hairnets.... guess what happened on the other days?

I paid my rent in cream - I brought home some of those that couldn't be sold for whatever reason in my topbox.