Notices

Thread: Have people forgotten how to use their indicators!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
  1. Have people forgotten how to use their indicators! 
    Have to have a rant here. Am sick to death of people on the motorways changing lanes by just drifting across and not indicating. Its a silly habit to get into and when the biking season starts we will all need to be that much more alert!

Damn F**&&^^^ MORONS!

2. Re: Have people forgotten how to use their indicators! 
    +1 ! It's definitely on the increase. I notice it a lot on my daily commute these days.

Bastids! > > > > > >
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

3. Re: Have people forgotten how to use their indicators! 
    The 2 roundabouts by Sainsburys in Chippenham are the worst closely followed by the mini roundabout at Hathaway.
    I remonstrated (shouted at) a woman for this once and she told me, with a straight face, "you don't need to indicate when turning right"

4. Re: Have people forgotten how to use their indicators! 

5. Re: Have people forgotten how to use their indicators! 
    Banned
    I hate the arseholes that sit in the middle lane of,the motorway >

6. Re: Have people forgotten how to use their indicators! 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    I hate the arseholes that sit in the middle lane of,the motorway >
    Agree with you Swanny on the CLODS. Indicators : not inidcating or the last minute indicators.

While driving or riding I've started using the 2 second rule...
    When a vehicle passes a stationary object if you can't count too 2 before you pass the same object then your too close.

"Only a fool breaks the 2 second rule" takes about 2 seconds to say the phrase. Don't believe me try it :P

7. Re: Have people forgotten how to use their indicators! 
    gary.riley
    There are also those who think that on a motorway/duel carriageway that think it is their god given right to indicate and then pull out without ever looking one to see what is outside them. I've had many occasions where I've had to brake sharply whilst some fool tries to drive into the side of me!

8. Re: Have people forgotten how to use their indicators! 
    gary.riley
    'duel' indeed. Should read dual. It's just what it feels like sometimes - a duel!

9. Re: Have people forgotten how to use their indicators! 
    Diamond Member
    Just to put the cat among the pidgeons, indication is only necessary when there are other vehicles around, within close enough proximity to be affected by actionds if you don't.

You're assuming the driver has seen you. I always indicate when there is traffic around me, but not on empty roads, or when cars are far behind/in front. I also see enough biker twats on the motorway weaving in and out of the quicker 2 lanes to 'make progress' without indicating (or even shoulder checking most times!), and in fact riding a hell of a lot more dangerously than the average driver is driving!

10. Re: Have people forgotten how to use their indicators! 
    ...and if no other vehicles (and their drivers) are around, nobody will be there to observe them not indicating their intentions to perform a manoeuvre, so the point of this post is what exactly? :-?

Now you're an ex-biker SF, you can sit with the car drivers on the other side of the fence and snipe at bikers' antics can't you?
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen