Notices

Thread: mallory park protest

1. mallory park protest 
    any one who has been to Mallory faces losing it due to the NIMBBY's currently trying to close and develop the circuit. if you feel strong about it sign the petition.
    https://submissions.epetitions.direc...etitions/46739

2. Re: mallory park protest 
    Chatterbox
    Done
    Everything else is shyte

3. Re: mallory park protest 
    Done.
    With my bike I am complete.

4. Re: mallory park protest 
    It is worth reading up on the background to this. The circuit aren't exactly blameless in this story, running many more days per year than was originally agreed, NOT noise testing anything using the track, and I believe that the final straw for the locals was last year's AwesomeFest car festival that had people drifting cars on the track until 22.00, and loud music until later than that, in addition to some unpleasant behaviour from people attending it. The locals are understandably aggrieved, and much as I'd hate to see a circuit shut down, the management have to take responsibility for their actions...

The original agreement on the number of days use by the circuit was drawn up in 1985, when the only usage would have been race meetings at weekends and testing on Wednesdays. Since the advent of trackdays however, the circuits have seen them as an opportunity to maximise revenue from an otherwise idle facility, so instead of being in use maybe two or three days/week, usage has risen to almost continuous levels for probably nine months of the year.
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

5. Re: mallory park protest 
    but why would you move into the vicinity of a place if you knew it was there. we have had the same at Thruxton, Combe, Farleigh locally. same as Barney Williams moving opposite C Malford gravel pit then complaining about dust. managed to get that shut down and then moved under flight path at west end Foxham.... now thats shut. coincidence :

6. Re: mallory park protest 
    Who said anything about people moving to the village and complaining? Read the background before jumping to conclusions.
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

7. Re: mallory park protest 
    According to what I've read the ciercuit operating company are asking to be allowed to extend from 92 to 160 days operation as the management company consider this essential for the circuits future. It is the operating company threatining to develop the circuit in the persuit of profit. It seems some people in the village support the circuit extending it's operation and others who don't.

I would suggest the problem is not just the NIMBY's but the operating company and an agreement sounds possible.

"there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"