Notices

Thread: 100 Club

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
  1. Re: 100 Club 
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja_zx6r
    Something for the AGM i think, its a fair point can't argue, and I know there is a 100% trust in Dabz, and rightly so, there's not many I would trust, but he would be at the top of my list, plus it may work in a good way, you guys might think of something we need, and could suggest it, then we could raise the funds someway !
    :-? :-? :-?
    It's not and never was a trust issue Kev, let me be very clear about that.

I asked a perfectly genuine question. Once Dabz understood what I meant he gave a positive response and a big thumbs up… End of! [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif]
    Then you wade in 2 days later with your post on trusting few people..what's that got to do with the price of eggs? My suggestion is about keeping people in the picture to help WB continue into the future for all to participate in with the least amount of teeth pulling.

I really don't think there was any need for your negative comment about trust, it feels like you are having a go at me for not trusting Dabz which is not the issue. I was trying to help by making a suggestion and considering it had already received a positive response from Management I don’t see why you felt the need to post what you did.

If you make things clear and transparent as to what needs to be paid for ie servers,back up things, WB merchandise etc etc and I am sure people will want to help so Dabz does not have to run it at a loss. It’s simple surely or do you disagree? I was trying to make it easier for people old and new to understand why fund raising is so important and that the forum relies on donations and such like to continue rather than membership fees. The Club 100 is a great opportunity to raise a large amount of cash on a regular basis rather than handing a tin around hoping people will throw in some change.

Why wait until the next AGM in 12 months time to discuss it? and why don't you think it wouldn't 'work in a good way'? Dabz has already said he is happy to have a look at putting something together so people can see it how the engine ticks so to speak, he admitted there are things that even he forgets about but still need to be paid for or done… so I thought great, we get to know more. Why would that not help? He will probably come back with a list longer than he expects for all of the tasks needed in order for WB to operate.

You could have just said ‘fair point can’t argue and keep your suggestions coming in guys' rather than a post about how few people you trust…. gives off a negative light.

Roxy

sorry for the W&P members of WB but I want to be absolutely clear to everyone what my initial post is about and that it is not taken the wrong way.

2. Re: 100 Club 
    My post agreed with you! Sorry if you took it the wrong way, easy done, look how yours read, at no point was I negative, so at the end of the day it would have been easier to have sent a pm, rather than talk funds in the forum, then it wouldn't have been taken the wrong way in the first place.

3. Re: 100 Club 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz
    I'm totally chilled hehe now I've re-read, i got the wrong end of the stick, and agree its a damn good suggestion! There are probably costs that nobody but me realises we have to pay so it'd be a good exercise to make them more public

X
    Agree with the above, the more members know about the cost of running the site, the more they (hopefully) will help.

Not talking about things on the forum is a great way alienate members, I’ve seen it happen on other forums.
    The larger the club gets the more important the communication between Management and the members is going to be IMO.

Openness is the key to a happy (and hopefully well financed) club

G

4. Re: 100 Club 
    Platinum Member
    Have I won yet :P

5. Re: 100 Club 
    And I agree with that as well Gerry , all I meant was the original post could have been sent privately, anyone can view the threads about how much money we have, and it could cause problems, it is now being dealt with by the staff, and when we have sorted it I'm sure we can let the people who need to know, or want to know, without making it public.

6. Re: 100 Club 
    Diamond Member
    Seems we all agree then but I don’t think anybody mentioned publishing how much money the club has, just how much it takes to run the club.

I’ts no secret that the club has only a small income and more money would be good, and I still can’t see why such talk needs to be wrapped up in a “private message”. Also, private messages can seem very “pointed” (which they are) so I think the more talk we have in the open is good.

I’m sure “making it public” that Wiltshire Bikers would like to buy a couple of flag poles etc wouldn’t damage the club in any way.

To quote a highly respected local businessman and awesome R6 owner (that’s the R6 that’s awesome, not the owner you understand) “Openness is the key to a happy (and hopefully well financed) club

7. Re: 100 Club 
    Platinum Member
    Thank you all for buying into the 100club. We are raising a good amount to help the site keep running.
    I have a few people who bagged certain numbers but still haven't paid up yet.

If you would like these numbers in the draw on Sunday 8th January please can you PM me for bank transfer details or drop it into Harp and Crown. I will be there this Wed evening 6-30-8.30pm ish. Thank You. Apologies if you have already bank transferred and I'm not aware yet.

These are the few people still owing over £10. A few others have paid first few months but owe remainder.

24. simoffat £12
    26. nicola £12
    32. Tobias £12
    34.Si £12
    35 and 38 Chappers £24
    82. squashed_fly £12
    9. v_mix £10

We also still have 32 numbers available so please try and sell them to friends and family
    75,76,78,79,80,81,83,84,85,87,89,90,92,93,94,95,96 ,97,98

Thanks Sue

8. Re: 100 Club 
    Platinum Member
    thanks
    Si, squashed fly, mikkie

9. Re: 100 Club 
    Platinum Member
    January draw completed today at Xmas meal

1st Prize 90- Splash £13.80
    2nd Prize 20- Snowy £6.90
    3rd Prize 44- R1chie £3.45

WELL DONE.

Next months draw Wed 8th Feb at Harp and Crown

Please can you PM me letting me know how I can get this to you. Can bank tranfer if ok with you.

10. Re: 100 Club 
    Congrats guys on being the 1st winners!

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”