Interesting. This thread has come before.

I don't think anyone, expert or not, would disagree that the earths climate has changed dramatically a large number of times throughout its vast history. What the 'green freaks' are concerned about is 2 fold.
1. The speed at which it is chaging this time round compared to previous drastic shifts (last ice age etc) and whether CO2 emissions are contributing to that speeding up.

2. The fact that the earth is dramatically more populated with people and dwellings than it was the last time an ice age or a huge surge in global warming hit.

The earth with do what it's always done over a long enough period of time, but I think it would be foolish to assume thatw e can do whatever we want on the planet and it will no effect whatsoever. In fact it's borderline arrogant....

I'm no expert, but where I can reasonably, I err on the side of caution and try to do what little I can. It's not much hassle to recycle, switch lights/power off when not in use and use the bio-diesel tank at work to fill up and hopefully those small changes will make some degree of positive impact.