Notices

Thread: Decorating a classroom - Sun April 21st -new date

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Decorating -need help! 
    Banned
    Sundays with some notice are ok for me

2. Re: Decorating -need help! 
    Would it be right to say as usual nobody saw the lowlife nicking this lead , no metal dealers seen it , plod has found nowt and nothing on a cctv ... only guessing :

I am utterly useless at everything and that includes diy stuff but if able and not tied up elsewhere will try to get there on the day selected but no promises
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

3. Re: Decorating -need help! 
    Diamond Member
    The reason I asked as to whether or not this was a state school was because I was faced with a similar situation at the school both my children attended.

Nursery and primary one infants were forced to queue up at the rear entrance at the start of the school day. As the playground drain was blocked they were standing in a pool of water on rainy days. And for months on end the teachers would place buckets on the classroom desks to catch the raindrops falling from the leaking roof.

As a parent I decided enough was enough and took up the cudgels. On one hand, the area manager of the LA education dept advised me that only proficient tradesmen with public liability insurance would be allowed in to the school building, and on the other hand there was no surplus cash left in the budget for that financial year to pay for any repairs.

Not good enough, so it was time for naming and shaming the LA. With camera in hand I walked up to the school one wet weekend and took photographs of the flooded playground and buckets of water in the classrooms. Along with a copy of a covering letter to the LA’s insurers and my ward Councillor I emailed the pics to local papers. The following week’s edition of our local paper featured a story on the school and hey presto, all the essential repairs were completed within a short space of time.

Not always, but sometimes a bit of negative adverse publicity can lead to a positive outcome.

Just something for the parents of your school to consider Sue.

Good luck

4. Re: Decorating -need help! 
    I see 13th Jan is up as an option...don't forget that's the WB Christmas Meal
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

5. Re: Decorating -need help! 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz
    I see 13th Jan is up as an option...don't forget that's the WB Christmas Meal

forgot that..will remove

6. Re: Decorating a classroom - Sunday 20th January 
    Platinum Member
    Right... we are going for Sunday 20th January 10am for those that can help.

We have some painting equipment but depending on numbers may need more. Will also need a couple of step ladders. We have 3ft high ladders only. We will only be painting as tiling has now been done. They received a certain amount of funding but not enough to paint all classrooms that needed it.

please put name below if you can make it

bubblylittleme
    spike

7. Re: Decorating a classroom - Sunday 20th January 
    Banned
    please put name below if you can make it

bubblylittleme
    spike
    nickL can bring a combi ladder / platform

8. Re: Decorating -need help! 
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    the area manager of the LA education dept advised me that only proficient tradesmen with public liability insurance would be allowed in to the school building,
    I have PLI upto £2 million and as for being proficient, there's a saying in the trade. "If you can P*ss, you can paint!" ;D

9. Re: Decorating -need help! 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    [quote author=monday21 link=1355513805/12#12 date=1355773784] the area manager of the LA education dept advised me that only proficient tradesmen with public liability insurance would be allowed in to the school building,
    I have PLI upto £2 million and as for being proficient, there's a saying in the trade. "If you can P*ss, you can paint!" ;D[/quote]

That explains why I can never find a toilet when I’m working on a building site. ;D

Sorry Sue - carry on

10. Re: Decorating a classroom - Sunday 20th January 
    Platinum Member
    any more fancy helping out?