Notices

Thread: Most scariest moment...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Most scariest moment... 
    Obviously you've lived to tell the tale but had any hairy moments (not hirsute)on the bike?

2. Re: Most scariest moment... 
    Diamond Member
    For me, it was when I was knocked off back in 97. We'd only had the bike (my wife and I shared a Thundercat at the time) for a few months and I'm filtering through traffic in Reading.

Anyway, the images still live with me know of seeing the chap in his car just pull out to overtake some traffic (basically to queue jump as he was late for his holiday flight) just as I'm right next to his drivers door. I hit his wing, and the bike I flew threw the air and I just remember seeing the ground, air, bike flying, air, ground and thankfully no oncoming traffic, which given it was the rush hour was pretty amazing!

Anyway, I walked away from it fine (thank god I was wearing proper gear) and the bike was written off. The police and a paramedic attended the scene and the car driver was prosecuted by the police for Driving without Due Care and Attention and ended up with 5 points on his license, £275 fine and costs.

We ended up with a new bike courtesy of the insurance policy.

3. Re: Most scariest moment... 
    Nearly falling of a cliff up in the lake district on an off roading day. My back wheel was around 3-4 inches away from dropping, I didnt know until one of the blokes I was riding with started getting brown pants and shouted do not roll back. I then looked back and thought mummy...............

4. Re: Most scariest moment... 
    Er my scariest but now i think my funniest was last year having a ride out with scott and another chap accellerated of the island on his vmax so i did the same only i think i did it a tad to hard. Anyways ended up pulling a big wheelie and poooped my panties. It was my first one on the road bike and caught me off guard. Scott saw it and could tell i was shook up but within a couple of mins i was laughin.

5. Re: Most scariest moment... 
    Diamond Member
    That was a funny moment for me watching!

6. Re: Most scariest moment... 
    His leathers still smell of it

7. Re: Most scariest moment... 
    Diamond Member
    A bit like you when I pulled a wheelie pulling away from the lights that time with you on the back! ;D The raw power of the Thundercat hey!!!!??!! Or more to the point, over 15 stone over the rear wheel and a rather rapid launch from the lights to beat that car away!

8. Re: Most scariest moment... 
    Oh yeah I forgot about that, but that was one of the first times I went out with you and to be fair the only protection I had bar the Durex in my wallet was my a helmet

9. Re: Most scariest moment... 
    Diamond Member
    Aye....

10. Re: Most scariest moment... 
    chasing a subaru special edition, entered a corner at around 60-70, he went sideways, i drifted into a curb giving the sp1 a whole new riding style like a crosser till it went down n tubbled/slid down a long grass bank, all whilst wearing jeans n leather jacket, thank god i landed on grass , The bike was only then to emerge louder n faster as had an excuss to mod it after the crash