Notices

Thread: The weather is goood ;-)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. The weather is goood ;-) 
    so who rode theirs into work today ?

Managed to struggle through the cold on the A419 this morning, knowing that the sun would be out this arvo 8-). Another hour or so then I will blast back on the B4009...oh yes

I say blast, i mean keep to under 6K rpm as the bike is still new

Enjoy

2. Re: The weather is goood ;-) 
    my run home isnt quite as much fun as that but i bring it to work every day and at lunch time i went out for a quick blast. Roads are good!!!!

3. Re: The weather is goood ;-) 
    Diamond Member
    Unfortunately not for me, and whilst I currently work where I do I won't. I used to use my bike as often as I could to commute here but last year a group of w*n*e*s decided to steal it. > > > > > > > >

On this basis I will not use my bike to come here anymore. > > > > >

However I really do wish I was out there on it as the weather is bloody superb!

4. Re: The weather is goood ;-) 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott W
    Unfortunately not for me, and whilst I currently work where I do I won't. I used to use my bike as often as I could to commute here but last year a group of w*n*e*s decided to steal it. > > > > > > > >

On this basis I will not use my bike to come here anymore. > > > > >

However I really do wish I was out there on it as the weather is bloody superb!
    That's really bad news, had some tea leaves break into my car a few times but never stolen, i would be gutted if my bike got lifted. Luckily i can park my bike right outside reception in full view of CCTV.

5. Re: The weather is goood ;-) 
    Diamond Member
    My bike was parked right outside the front door, but unfortunately for us our reception is upstairs. However, they stole it at lunchtime which was v. cheeky, and this was also made worse by the fact I was just about to go to lunch when it was taken but a call came in that I had to deal with.

The police couldn't get much from the CCTV on a building next door and although there was a witness, neither it or them were ever found.

6. Re: The weather is goood ;-) 
    Thats bloody tragic...... What bike was it and did the insurance pay out for it??

I work at a large manufacturing site so there is a security guard on the gate so i feeel quite safe about it all.
    You have an alarm on it?? I know they are pretty much worthless because other people dont care when they go off but it does make me feel better and my insurance company love it.

7. Re: The weather is goood ;-) 
    Diamond Member
    The bike was a K4 Gixer 750. The insurance paid out for it based upon the 2nd hand value of the bike, which sucked as only weeks before I'd renew'd the policy and if it had happened sooner they would have done a straight swap for a new one. I have to give them credit though as they paid out within a couple of weeks of the theft.

The bike was alarmed and had disc locks on the front and rear wheels, but they just picked it up (three of them) and put it in the transit van. It all took less than 3 minutes.

What really annoyed me was that I'd only recently changed the exhaust, front sprocket, etc... So to get the K5 (OK I could have got a second hand K4 but I didn't want to!), the end can, the sprocket, intercom, pay the excess, etc... it cost me about £2k! My policy is up for renewal soon so we'll see what they try to sting me for on that one!!!!

Fortunately for me I've checked the ebike insurance website and they are coming in cheaper than my current policy and that's with me declaring the theft.

8. Re: The weather is goood ;-) 
    I have had loads of problems with insurance.
    I had an accident in August and the other party is insured with Tesco. I made the claim and they admitted liability as it was clearly their fault. I had nothing back from them for 5 months so i paid out £2.5k to have the bike fixed and about a month later they gave me £650 for my leathers and helmet but i am still waiting on the £2.5k which i paid out. It has been 3 months since i paid for the bike and they gave me the money for the clothes and it has now gone to court with a county court judgement against them to pay me the money. I have just heard this morning that they may fight the case but neither me nore my insurance company understand why when they have already started paying out for it all.

I just want it sorted asap but right now i have no idea what is going to happen.

I am really sorry to hear about your old bike and i hope that it never happens to anyone ever again as it must have felt aweful. Amazing that we all have insurance and still get stung for the wan-ers out there that can keep their hands off or drive like a human being.

9. Re: The weather is goood ;-) 
    That was supposed to say "cant" drive like human beings

10. Re: The weather is goood ;-) 
    i went out on my bike in the arvo yesterday which was good although i got wet once when it rained but i soon dried out as for today im in the car but if it stays like this the bike may come out tomorrow