Notices

Thread: The weather is goood ;-)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: The weather is goood ;-) 
    Diamond Member
    Andy, I hope they sort it out soon. I was knocked off my bike back in 97 and it took about 3 months to resolve everything which was good. The police were involved and they took the driver to court and he was found guilty of driving without due care and attention. He got 5 points, £250 fine and costs. He knocked me off basically as he wanted to queue jump as he was late for his holiday flight! Well, after knocking me off and giving his statement to the police, he certainly missed the flight then! ;D

As for the theft of my bike, I was in shock for most of the day after it happened and the only way I could get over it was by making fun of it when I was telling people.

2. Re: The weather is goood ;-) 
    I travel on the A419 too I'm on 4 wheels tho

3. Re: The weather is goood ;-) 
    Thanks for the vote of confidance Scott. Sounds exactely like my accident but the drive drove off quite quickly after giving the details and i dealt with the police on the edge of the motorway whilst putting some bits back on the bike.
    Its a paid but one of those things we have to put up with and at least we are still around to learn from it.

Kate
    Are you from Swindon as well then?? what bike have you got??

4. Re: The weather is goood ;-) 
    Ive just got from a quick blast, bit cold but it was spot on! Nice sunny day, shame I had a clear visor on though bit blinding at times.

5. Re: The weather is goood ;-) 
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich aka Baldspeed
    Ive just got from a quick blast, bit cold but it was spot on! Nice sunny day, shame I had a clear visor on though bit blinding at times.
    i have the shoei helmet with the fog visor insert. What would be the best thing to do to get rid of glare?? New Visor
    New Fog Visor
    Sunglasses (think they will be uncomfotable but dont know) 8-)

6. Re: The weather is goood ;-) 
    I'm from near Swindon. I'm a car owner, I just know da management on here Have to travel along the A419 to and from work every single day.

7. Re: The weather is goood ;-) 
    Platinum Member
    Was on the bike to work Mon, today and plan tomorrow too Lovelly day coming home this arvo - was a bit of a hooligan - especially with all the damn cages in the way!! :-[

I pretty much ride to work on any day I can guarantee its 90% not going to rain and the roads aren't wet (so the bike doesn't get covered!) don't really care the temp 8-)

8. Re: The weather is goood ;-) 
    i was at work at half 4 so it was a bit cold at that time ;D

9. Re: The weather is goood ;-) 
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch
    [quote author=Rich aka Baldspeed link=1142433182/0#13 date=1142440743]Ive just got from a quick blast, bit cold but it was spot on! Nice sunny day, shame I had a clear visor on though bit blinding at times.
    i have the shoei helmet with the fog visor insert. What would be the best thing to do to get rid of glare?? New Visor
    New Fog Visor
    Sunglasses (think they will be uncomfotable but dont know) 8-)[/quote]

A good iridium (spelling) visor or a similar insert to the one you currently run. My Bro runs one in his Arai is it does a fairly good job but its not the same as a good visor (scott keeps flaunting a nice blue visor that looks trick on Pauls lid but he wants to sell it instead of being a loving brother and give it as a freebie). Ive left my Roof lid at home and the visor on that is quality no problems with the sun. Ive seen some of my customers run strips of insulating tape at the top of their visors but I do not know if it helps at all.

10. Re: The weather is goood ;-) 
    Had to have the day off to wait for a delivery, they came this morning so I then had to make the difficult decision go back to the office or go for a ride. Guess which won!! ;D Lovely run
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”