Notices

Thread: No more pillions!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. No more pillions! 
    My other half has decided that she is going to do her CBT! This means with any luck my the end of the summer I will not have to take her pillion any more!

2. Re: No more pillions! 
    ohlins shock now?
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

3. Re: No more pillions! 
    Great stuff! Tell her she won't regret it - it's far better than being bored on the back!

We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

4. Re: No more pillions! 
    good news I keep trying to get my other half to but she couldn't be less interested heh
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

5. Re: No more pillions! 
    Fair play mate! My girls doing DAS in less than a month. Suppose that means I have to give the bike that I bought her back! doh!!

6. Re: No more pillions! 
    i haven't got a girlfriend at the minute so i don't have to deal with this issue.

To be honest, i don't know if i would like to have a partner with a bike. sounds selfish i know, but biking to me means a sort of a getaway from the humdrum of life with all that brings.

Not that i'm saying i wouldn't ever let a girlfriend who had a bike or liked going pillion, join me on a blast. in fact, if she did then i would feel guilty not asking her to join me. Its just feels that biking is 'Richie's time' and should stay that way.

I would also expect her to have similar thoughts to me in reference to going out shopping :P

Maybe its just me stuck in my grumpy singleton ways :-/

7. Re: No more pillions! 
    know what you mean richie, have to behave when me girl is on the back! Will be nice when she starts to ride, but she bought a set of rabios so we can `chat` bend my ear from afar more like! Still they only got a range of a coupla miles!!

8. Re: No more pillions! 
    Quote Originally Posted by gravelrash
    Still they only got a range of a coupla miles!!
    lmao ;D

9. Re: No more pillions! 
    I know couples where she has learnt to ride since knowing him, couples where they were both bikers before they met and couples where the women won't even sit on a bike.

It works in all sorts of ways, as long as people have the right attitude to each other. You don't need to live in each others pockets. Me & the late used to ride together & independantly. It's just whatever suits. 8-)

In may I'm going on a trip, 12 bikes, 13 people. 11 blokes - ranging through single/married/divorced. No wives, just 1 girlfriend and the widow BB. None of the stay at home wives or girlfiends have a problem as far as I'm aware.

Bike to bike radio? Hmm, presumably neither of you sing to your self on the bike then? ;D
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

10. Re: No more pillions! 
    thanx blackbonnie, I have an angelic voice, scary enough to chase any ghosts from the house, or so I´m told. My better half is a very careful driver so she should be a good rider, probably show me up!! Still it is nice that she is taking an interest. She was so scared of me and bikes after seeing me crash badly on my bike.