Notices

Thread: I started off with a.....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Re: I started off with a..... 
    that's gorgeous! I absolutely love the old triumphs. you should get that back on the road
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

2. Re: I started off with a..... 
    I had a ZXR 600 (year 2000), I sold it to buy a car, we learn from out mistakes!

3. Re: I started off with a..... 
    I started with honda CBF 600. Great bike to start on but soon discovered that i wanted something with more umf and something that would zip round the corners better.
    Got my Kawasaki Z750s and it suits me down to the ground.
    It is interesting that it is about 50/50 on this site about people starting on 50's or going striaght to the mamoth bikes.

4. Re: I started off with a..... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz
    that's gorgeous! I absolutely love the old triumphs. you should get that back on the road
    Hopefully it'l be back on the road this year, just needs a few bits to finish off. A mate is doing it when he has the time but as he runs a busy bike shop for a living the time is not so easy to find!

It came off the road for a winter rebuild in 1992 - didn't say which winter tho' ;D
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

5. Re: I started off with a..... 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz
    My sentiments exactly!

6. Re: I started off with a..... 
    My first bike was when i was 6 it was a BSA Junior 50.. In flame red.. with white front mud gaurd...

7. Re: I started off with a..... 
    I started on a hairdryer (a cool one though) it was a Gilera DNA 50cc

great fun to ride andhelped me get my awareness on the road, before progressing onto a Yamaha FZR400RR which I quickly crashed after 5 months, landing myself in hospital for ages.

in fact I crashed on the very same road you guys were talking about in Malmesbury, I was on my way to work at Dyson and crashed (partly due to ice, partly in-experience), it hurt anyway.

Now I ride the marvellous Kawasaki ZX7R and a fine machine it is!

8. Re: I started off with a..... 
    ooowww not a nice road to crash on.... Ice and slippery roads,, hmm been there done that in a bloody land rover too.. oops muppet

9. Re: I started off with a..... 
    it happens, they say- and I'm sorry to do this to everyone as it seems to be quite an accurate statistic - "every biker has one big accident" and I consider that one to be mine, touch wood, I learnt a lot and it taught me to slow down and re-learn what I already thought I knew.
    I think it's made me a much better rider in the long run.

10. Re: I started off with a..... 
    I know my car accident changed my outlook on driving... maybe i can get credit for that crash in the biking crash column???? Fat chance i am sure