Notices

Thread: bonnie is a bad influence!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: bonnie is a bad influence! 
    I think you have all missed my point....

I was replyin to a topic about a bike being ridden with the silencers removed...
    I ride bikes with race pipes and have been riding on the road for13yrs now.
    My point is about the people that blatently flaunt the law and then complain when they get caught.
    Now as for old bikes and the noise, im a mechanic and an MOT tester on bikes so i know that they will be noisey and that is within the law....

And my point was not about a fireblade with a noisey pipe because thats summin we all do/have done and will always do....the difference is that when you shut the throttle a bike with a race pipe will shut up, a bike with no silencers fitted wont. And thats where the problem begins....

And as for riding a bike to not conform, open your eyes....its not like that anymore, everyman and his dog now has a bike sat in his garage for the odd day out.... I ride a bike because there is no other way to get that much speed for that kinda money, and the rush you get from exiting a corner knee on the deck and stamding it upright well into triple figures, well there is nothing that can replace that is there.

Gav

2. Re: bonnie is a bad influence! 
    There are always those who break the law and then moan when they get caught, however I’m sure the bloke concerned is mature enough to know right from wrong and make his own decision accordingly. I think you will find most of us are. If caught I’m sure he or any of one us would have our little moan but ultimately hold up our hands and accept it if we are doing wrong.

You talk about getting your knee down and exiting a bend in excess of 3 figures – are you talking track day or public highway? Can you honestly say you conform to the law all the time on the highway? I know I can’t so I can’t point the finger.

As I said before, I agree that noise can alienate people. It irritates the hell out of me to sit in the front room and some little toe rag keeps running round and round the block on their ponced up little hairdryer or to lie in bed late at night/early morning and hear some pratt howl through town several streets away on his (or her) XYZ123 superfanbloodytastic sportsbike. Or come to that the ‘thud, thud thud’ of someone’s so called ‘in car entertainment’.

Christ I’m beginning to sound like Victor Meldrew!!

(edited for spelling)
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

3. Re: bonnie is a bad influence! 
    Diamond Member
    Unless I'm missing something, the only person who has actually heard the bike is Dabz (and Paul of course) and Dabz's closing comment was it sounded like a real cruiser. Just like any other weekend Harley on the road it seems to me.

4. Re: bonnie is a bad influence! 
    Platinum Member
    Ooooo blimey! Hornets nest!!

As for backpressure - less of it with a turbo the better ;D

5. Re: bonnie is a bad influence! 
    neil............sometimes i wonder about you

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

6. Re: bonnie is a bad influence! 
    LMFAO at that picture that reminds me of my sp1!

7. Re: bonnie is a bad influence! 
    and regarding the exhaust rant, everyone has there own views and tastes!, but at the end of the day, its there own motorcycle so they can do whatever the fook they like, be it loud or quiet

8. Re: bonnie is a bad influence! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav
    Hmmmmmm and does the word not legal mean anything...
    I should think probably 90% of the bikes on the road have illegal exhausts so one more isn't going to change anything ... and as someone else said, I'm sure the speeds most of us do are far worse

as for performance, the bike is like a different bike since doing this so it must have unlocked some performance. back pressure....well the original bonnies way back when didn't have any back pressure as hey didn't have any silencers...just the manifold down pipes

the sound...well it's no louder than a harley or the triumph rocket III

and getting caught...well he'd have no choice but to cough up the fine. it'd be worth it for the transformation from an 800cc cruiser with moderate power to one that has as much torque as my 1200 bandit and can be ridden like a bike is meant to be ridden
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

9. Re: bonnie is a bad influence! 
    Platinum Member
    [quote author=Blackbonnie link=1145345738/0#11 date=1145388017]There are always those who break the law and then moan when they get caught, however I’m sure the bloke concerned is mature enough to know right from wrong and make his own decision accordingly. I think you will find most of us are. If caught I’m sure he or any of one us would have our little moan but ultimately hold up our hands and accept it if we are doing wrong.

You talk about getting your knee down and exiting a bend in excess of 3 figures – are you talking track day or public highway? Can you honestly say you conform to the law all the time on the highway? I know I can’t so I can’t point the finger.

As I said before, I agree that noise can alienate people. It irritates the hell out of me to sit in the front room and some little toe rag keeps running round and round the block on their ponced up little hairdryer or to lie in bed late at night/early morning and hear some pratt howl through town several streets away on his (or her) XYZ123 superfanbloodytastic sportsbike. Or come to that the ‘thud, thud thud’ of someone’s so called ‘in car entertainment’.

Christ I’m beginning to sound like Victor Meldrew!!
    Think Bonnie says it all really!