Notices

Thread: Bike or Rider

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Bike or Rider 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rex the sprocket
    Bit of both - certain bikes can be easier to ride but there is no accounting for experience and ability. There are no shortage of riders who can use the throttle in a straight line but they are sh*ite when it comes to carrying the speed through corners - count the number of times you got over-excited in a group rideout and came out of a corner on the wrong side of the road.

Personally I like the grunt of larger bikes which allows you to roll on and off the throttle and get round cars/bikes/corners without all the drama of banging up and down the gear box.

Twins are better still cos you get huge engine braking and low down torque for laying down serious early accetleration out of corners
    And Gixers!!

2. Re: Bike or Rider 
    Gixer's>rest imho:P

3. Re: Bike or Rider 
    onfire23
    Not a great believer or anything deep.

But God, I believe God rides my bike, because if it was left up to me I would not slow down at junctions, and leave my Brains at home.

Sorry Officer it's the voices tell me to do it! Race Gixers

Lol!

4. Re: Bike or Rider 
    Platinum Member

5. Re: Bike or Rider 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rex the sprocket
    Bit of both - certain bikes can be easier to ride but there is no accounting for experience and ability. There are no shortage of riders who can use the throttle in a straight line but they are sh*ite when it comes to carrying the speed through corners - count the number of times you got over-excited in a group rideout and came out of a corner on the wrong side of the road.

Personally I like the grunt of larger bikes which allows you to roll on and off the throttle and get round cars/bikes/corners without all the drama of banging up and down the gear box.
    I have to agree with these thoughts - however with mine I do have to use the gearbox a bit more than say the Aprillia of Rex, but when I look down and see the needle flying around to 14k or so it does feel good!

6. Re: Bike or Rider 
    Scott - if the needle on the prilla was at 14k then I would be receiving a very sharp pain in the groin as the rear piston flew through the seat (and its a big one). Max power is somewhere around 10k, max torque around 8k....max pleasure all across the revs

7. Re: Bike or Rider 
    onfire23
    Must admit miss my Firestorm for cornering.

8. Re: Bike or Rider 
    Platinum Member
    Just as a comparison Rex,My Gixer,max power 11k,max torque 8k.
    Won't qoute the dyno figures,you're only cry........ ;D

9. Re: Bike or Rider 
    Very true Gixerboy!

10. Re: Bike or Rider 
    Quote Originally Posted by GixerBoy
    Just as a comparison Rex,My Gixer,max power 11k,max torque 8k.
    Won't qoute the dyno figures,you're only cry........ ;D
    Maybe so but I can use all of my feeble 127bhp, and top end is pointless except at Donnington, Silverstone and the Revitt straight at Snetterton.