Notices

Thread: Bike or Rider

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
  1. Re: Bike or Rider 
    Mine are square..will that help?

2. Re: Bike or Rider 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rex the sprocket
    [quote author=GixerBoy link=1145963352/75#88 date=1146152349][quote author=rex the sprocket link=1145963352/75#87 date=1146150722]What's yer bid then GB - a good teacher should have him grinding his slider after a couple of attempts
    I did teach a GIRL how to get her knee down in 2 hours but she's a nutter,also clocked her at 155 on her old P reg 600F......
    Like Mac said OF,no pressure.......... [/quote]
    2 hours? Blimey after circulating a roundabout for that long you would end up with a triangular tyre.[/quote]

Duh,not 2 hours straight dum dum! :

3. Re: Bike or Rider 
    I'd go dizzy...lol

4. Re: Bike or Rider 
    onfire23
    Quote Originally Posted by GixerBoy
    [quote author=rex the sprocket link=1145963352/75#89 date=1146153105][quote author=GixerBoy link=1145963352/75#88 date=1146152349][quote author=rex the sprocket link=1145963352/75#87 date=1146150722]What's yer bid then GB - a good teacher should have him grinding his slider after a couple of attempts
    I did teach a GIRL how to get her knee down in 2 hours but she's a nutter,also clocked her at 155 on her old P reg 600F......
    2 hours? Blimey after circulating a roundabout for that long you would end up with a triangular tyre.[/quote]

Duh,not 2 hours straight dum dum! :[/quote]

Hmm not too sure sweating just thinking about it! Went out with Vic Vfr ..tonight Pewsey Tidworth hungerford Ogbourne Swindon. Not many roundabout's Phew! :P

5. Re: Bike or Rider 
    onfire23
    Quote Originally Posted by GixerBoy
    [quote author=rex the sprocket link=1145963352/75#89 date=1146153105][quote author=GixerBoy link=1145963352/75#88 date=1146152349][quote author=rex the sprocket link=1145963352/75#87 date=1146150722]What's yer bid then GB - a good teacher should have him grinding his slider after a couple of attempts

Duh,not 2 hours straight dum dum! :[/quote]

Advice from my big broth, yep he can touch down Lol

To get your Knee down safely you need to be shown how by someone you know and trust, otherwise you won't have the confidence in believing there instructions!

You need to be relaxed, and have a very loose body. You must also take your time and only expect to touch down a fraction after 10 - 15 lap's of the round about, the more and more you practice the closer you get to touching, you are never as far over as you think!.

Word of warning, if you are not comfortable with it 'don't try'

Take care

Jon

6. Re: Bike or Rider 
    First time I did it I wasn't even trying............flicking across a clear roundabout...............right knee out as usual........carrying quite a bit of speed..............on my way to work ...................

ssssccccrrrraaawwwppp...............what the feck was that

I find you need to look awell head, right arse cheek off the seat, counter steering (pushing on the right bar), nice and smooth.............

Too many people reach for the ground going too slowly..........if you correctly positioned on the bike, and you are no wobbling around too slowly then it will happen.

Getting your left knee down is harder unless you can find a deserted roundabout on a commercial estate :-/

7. Re: Bike or Rider 
    onfire23
    Quote Originally Posted by rex the sprocket
    First time I did it I wasn't even trying............flicking across a clear roundabout...............right knee out as usual........carrying quite a bit of speed..............on my way to work ...................

ssssccccrrrraaawwwppp...............what the feck was that

I find you need to look awell head, right arse cheek off the seat, counter steering (pushing on the right bar), nice and smooth.............

Too many people reach for the ground going too slowly..........if you correctly positioned on the bike, and you are no wobbling around too slowly then it will happen.

Getting your left knee down is harder unless you can find a deserted roundabout on a commercial estate :-/
    Thats were I am going wrong, need to countersteer...should be natural hey :-/