Notices

Thread: 400 died

1. 400 died 
    decided to take cbr 400 out for a blast saturday morning on way to work, arrived at work with a smile on face due sunny weather , had a busy 5.5 hours work, Hopped on bike and took her for another spin before i went home, just before parking up i felt the bike kind of snake towards a stop, i laughed and got off, looked under bike saw major oil leak!, traced leak to the oil filter (squirting a fine jet of oil about a metre in distance) in turn seeing me subsiquently diving for the key to turn off the engine before she cooks!!!
    Now am bikeless for awhile till i buy new filter and replace the oil
    :-/

2. Re: 400 died 
    that's a bugger but at least you caught it before any major damage was caused to the internal parts of the engine.

What's the cost of the damage as it is?

3. Re: 400 died 
    i was very lucky, just an oil filter to replace i think, im guessing the filter was so badly corroded that a stone flicked off wheel into it, should be sorted on pay day!, gunna sort out the fairing with the propper stickers get it mot'd and then part ex or flog it to get gsxr 1000

4. Re: 400 died 
    Glad to hear it was something simple & that you cought it before you did any damage.
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

5. Re: 400 died 
    When you were spraying the oil, did you make sure there was a diesel Van with overfilled fuel tank behind you and make him spin off at a roundabout?
    Steve

you make me dizzy running circles in my head
    www.speedsnap.co.uk

6. Re: 400 died 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by b_1_rd
    When you were spraying the oil, did you make sure there was a diesel Van with overfilled fuel tank behind you and make him spin off at a roundabout?
    LOL!

Glad to hear your ok and the problem is fixable