Notices

Thread: Any IT experts here ?

1. Any IT experts here ? 
    hello
    i need some help answering an IT related seen question for my exams relating to the OS and database's

• field validation check appropriate for Item Number, Customer Number and Item Quantity?

two distince types of resource managed by the OS on a stand alone pc, - i think memory and cpu but i could be wrong?
      plus one other role - i say file management but again i could be wrong.

one task a network os will have as opposed to a stand alone, - i was gonna say managing application resources or user access but don't know if this is enough or too obvious

any help greatly appreciated

Kaz

2. Re: Any IT experts here ? 
    We are knee deep in IT geeks on here so you should get a good reply very soon. good luck with the exam.

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

3. Re: Any IT experts here ? 
    onfire23
    Yep... I am a Microsoft Professional! 8-)

4. Re: Any IT experts here ? 
    Platinum Member
    Good answer to the question then - does that show what Microsoft Certification means? :P

5. Re: Any IT experts here ? 
    - field validation check appropriate for Item Number, Customer Number and Item Quantity

For item & customer it depends on when the validation is done, but you could check for a particular format mask ie you only accept 6 digit numbers starting with a particular digit or you could validate against the values stored in the database for instance.

Item Qty - must be numeric, > 0, a whole number, you could set a limit eg no more than 50

- two distince types of resource managed by the OS on a stand alone pc
    "i think memory and cpu but i could be wrong?"

They both sound good to me.

-one task a network os will have as opposed to a stand alone
    "i was gonna say managing application resources" >> I would say this applies to both.
    "user access" >> yes

also - File locking/ file sharing

Hope this helps,
    Russ