Notices

Thread: Todays track day for Scott and I

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Todays track day for Scott and I 
    Well as some off you may know Scott and i did our first ever trackday today we had a nice early start and met at the gates off silvertsone about 7ish this morning. My bike then decided it would break down at the gate so Rich (baldspeed) gave it a push to the main area for me whilst Scott arranged for a couple blokes to put it into a van.
    Anyway we eventually got it goin after a few bump starts then it was fine
    So we had the breifing and prepped the bikes with tape, removing the wing mirrors etc then off we went for the first sighting laps.
    After that we were let loose around the full gp circuit and jeeeeeeeesus was it fun, i struggled to keep up with alot off the big boys on their 750's and thou's etc but i had a ball espcially when i was all over some off them on the bends.
    We couldve carried on until 8ish tonight but by 4ish i was shattered, i did approx 100 miles around the place so that was fine for me. So here are a few pics of me and im sure scott will show you some off his too, to all going on the second of july who havent done a trackday before you will LOVE IT!!!!!!! ;D 8-)

i do have some more but im on dial up at home and its taking ages so i will try and post the others tomorrow

Oh yeah one more thing Scott officially got his knee down, so congrats biggest bro

2. Re: Todays track day for Scott and i 
    Diamond Member
    Well, Gixer Paul and I did lose our track virginity today as he says and boy, what an experience it is!!!! ;D ;D I can see why the likes of GixerBoy, Rex, Gav and everybody else loves attending track days!!!

Anyway, I won't bore you with the rest of the details, but, on the 2nd session on track I managed to get my knee down twice as Paul says, and I did so again a few more times throughout the day!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D Now for me to do it on some of the 90mph corners and not the 50mph ones!!! As you can see in the picture below, I'm not that far off on this occassion and this is a 80mph bend (for me it is anyway! )! ;D ;D ;D

Here's a couple of pics of me from today (one slightly blurring unfortunately)

To all those other trackday virgins who are attending Silverstone on the 2nd July (I'll be there again), believe me, you will have a superb time! onfire - this could be your time for getting the knee slider touching the tarmac.

PS. As much as I hate getting out of bed early in the morning, on this occassion, it was well worth it! ;D

PPS. Do you think I've put enough ;D in my post? ;D

3. Re: Todays track day for Scott and I 
    Platinum Member
    Well done guys,some good piccys......No vests next time! 8-)

4. Re: Todays track day for Scott and I 
    Sounds like you had fun!

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

5. Re: Todays track day for Scott and I 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GixerBoy
    Well done guys,some good piccys......No vests next time! 8-)
    If you kids go out with no vest you'll catch yer deather cold > Gixer you should know better.

6. Re: Todays track day for Scott and I 
    Platinum Member
    Ha ha......ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz.......

7. Re: Todays track day for Scott and I 
    Looks good guys, I'll do a track day one day!
    Steve

you make me dizzy running circles in my head
    www.speedsnap.co.uk

8. Re: Todays track day for Scott and I 
    Well done lads, only problem is once ya done ya 1st ya will hate riding on the road and you will spend a fortune on track days......BUT its well worth it, ya cant get that kinda buzz and adrenaline rish anywhere else....

9. Re: Todays track day for Scott and I 
    No?
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

10. Re: Todays track day for Scott and I 
    Platinum Member
    Really??