Notices

Thread: Silverstone Revisited

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
  1. Re: Silverstone Revisited 
    onfire23
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott W
    I only found out once I'd been down the road that the tyre was knackered.... :P
    Did you not check you bike as metioned in the briefing..Then a second time?

2. Re: Silverstone Revisited 
    Diamond Member
    Tim, yes I did. However, when somebody goes around track at speed they generate heat in their tyres. This heat is what caused me to fall off as the tyre had got too hot. That's definitely something that couldn't be said about yours!

Yet, the picture in your avatar just shows you rode over a lot of rubber left on the track so why have it as an avatar?

3. Re: Silverstone Revisited 
    onfire23
    Tim, yes I did. However, when somebody goes around track at speed they generate heat in their tyres. This heat is what caused me to fall off as the tyre had got too hot. That's definitely something that couldn't be said about yours!

Yet, the picture in your avatar just shows you rode over a lot of rubber left on the track so why have it as an avatar?
    Scott from previous posts there seems to be a inferance of personal attacks from you, not that I am bothered (pinch of salt). Just need to take a look at what you are actually saying. As you know I lost my wooden spoon quite some time ago 8-)

Oh the picture is actually the right hand side of my tyre, remember some of us where going clockwise around the track ;D ;D

Did'nt realise the Avatar police are on patrol.

4. Re: Silverstone Revisited 
    to be fair from what i could see and hearing other peoples comments within the pits it didnt look like your skill on the track was that great, so maybe you should take some of the advice people are giving you, Scott isnt trying to make himself out to be some sort off track god, and he wasnt also the one in the pits going on about how he should be in the intermediates and most people laughing at him.
    Just an observation

5. Re: Silverstone Revisited 
    Quote Originally Posted by onfire23

Scott from previous posts there seems to be a inferance of personal attacks from you, not that I am bothered (pinch of salt). Just need to take a look at what you are actually saying. As you know I lost my wooden spoon quite some time ago 8-)

So your comment about scott dropping his wasnt a personal interferance then?????? This wasnt the subject of the thread so i think its a case of pot kettle black now isnt it............

6. Re: Silverstone Revisited 
    Diamond Member
    HEY GUYS!!!!CALM DOWN!!!!

I know Im only a cage driver at the moment but the last section of posts if they were said face to face WOULD of resulted in blows being thrown!!!!

NOBODY out there is (dispite what ever they think!) is perfect! Iknow Im f*cking not! PLEASE dont let our personal views and beliefs come between making GOOD and DECENT friends on here!

Dare I say at best/worst agree to differ in your opinions, and metophorically, kiss and make up!

PLEASE!!

7. Re: Silverstone Revisited 
    Diamond Member
    Tim, to be honest, it's not a personal dig at you. What people are trying to get across to you is that you are an accident statistic waiting to happen at the moment. Yes I dropped the bike as Silverstone, but at the end of the day, that's all that happened and I've walked away from it fine and the bike just needs some minor repair.

From what I've seen of you on the road/track, and from what I've heard, you need to listen to people on here (not me) and take on board what they are saying. I've been on an advanced riding course today and I've learnt a bucket load, so for me, I'm out to learn how I should ride a bike properly, and at the same time be safe. You on the other hand do not appear to be doing anything about improving your knowledge, experience, and more importantly bike control. Have you booked yourself in for any training courses? If not, I seriously recommend you speak to the guys at Rapid Training as they will soon teach you that you are not (and again, this is not directed at you) the Rossi or similar riding god that we all think we are. My instructor was on a TDM850 and he can easily show people on Gixers, Blades, etc... that it's not all about what bike you are own/ride, but about how you read/ride the road.

Again, this advice may fall on deaf ears, and if it does then so be it. I want to enjoy riding a bike for as long as I can, and therefore I'm doing things to make sure this happens.

Now if you think there are personal insults flying, etc... then PM and we can chat about it offline, or if you make it to the Ace Cafe next week and if I'm there, feel free to chat to me about it then.

8. Re: Silverstone Revisited 
    onfire23
    Quote Originally Posted by GIXER PAUL
    [quote author=onfire23 link=1152136383/60#62 date=1152386546]

So your comment about scott dropping his wasnt a personal interferance then?????? This wasnt the subject of the thread so i think its a case of pot kettle black now isnt it............
    [/quote]

Thanks for your comments, I am sure Scott is big enough to fight his own corner.
    BTW not once did I say in any shape or form that I should join the intermed's. I did say Gav asked me to join him in the intermed's. Which I politely refused as I quote ' I am nowhere near to be ready for that group.

9. Re: Silverstone Revisited 
    onfire23
    Tim, to be honest, it's not a personal dig at you. What people are trying to get across to you is that you are an accident statistic waiting to happen at the moment. Yes I dropped the bike as Silverstone, but at the end of the day, that's all that happened and I've walked away from it fine and the bike just needs some minor repair.

From what I've seen of you on the road/track, and from what I've heard, you need to listen to people on here (not me) and take on board what they are saying. I've been on an advanced riding course today and I've learnt a bucket load, so for me, I'm out to learn how I should ride a bike properly, and at the same time be safe. You on the other hand do not appear to be doing anything about improving your knowledge, experience, and more importantly bike control. Have you booked yourself in for any training courses? If not, I seriously recommend you speak to the guys at Rapid Training as they will soon teach you that you are not (and again, this is not directed at you) the Rossi or similar riding god that we all think we are. My instructor was on a TDM850 and he can easily show people on Gixers, Blades, etc... that it's not all about what bike you are own/ride, but about how you read/ride the road.

Again, this advice may fall on deaf ears, and if it does then so be it. I want to enjoy riding a bike for as long as I can, and therefore I'm doing things to make sure this happens.

Now if you think there are personal insults flying, etc... then PM and we can chat about it offline, or if you make it to the Ace Cafe next week and if I'm there, feel free to chat to me about it then.

Thank you Scott for your totally unfounded display of my riding! And encouragement of general slating people for no apparent reasons apart from personal gain...is quite childish!

Prime example you are. Not impressed by your behaviour on the forum. wooden spoon!

10. Re: Silverstone Revisited 
    Diamond Member
    Why is it that quite a few people on here have the same opinion of your riding? It's not just me who thinks it/says it (as this thread has proven) so what is the common factor here? I have got nothing to gain out of this thread so I'm locking it now as it's going no-where and as I said, PM me and we can chat about it offline.