Notices

Thread: Wash Wash Polish Polish....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Re: Wash Wash Polish Polish.... 
    I know I said I’d shut up but…

All I was doing was trying to encourage Icey to move forward. If she is happy pottering around on her 125 forever and a day she can as far as I’m concerned. Oh, no hang on, you can’t do that any more can you? You have to take your test in a specified timescale I believe or you are off the road. So what would a test achieve? Maybe a sense of satisfaction of achievement and of not having to keep cycling through the CBT thing (whatever its called) with its associated expense - surly that makes the test worth doing? If you then don’t want to get rid of the 125 that is your choice. Iceys 125 would hammer one of my old bikes into the ground on speed brakes lights & handling – but I don’t care, I ride it ‘cos I like it.

If you read the route for the Ace we are only using a short stretch of motorway to make it easier, having the full licence gives us that choice.

I don’t attach any stigma to L plates and I think you will find that all of us on here have used them in the past and were pleased to get rid of them – whatever we ride nowadays.

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

2. Re: Wash Wash Polish Polish.... 
    Icey
    Oh and BB - I appreciate your encouragement - It means alot

3. Re: Wash Wash Polish Polish.... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey
    How often do you wash & polish your bike?

What do you use to wash it with?

What polish do you use?

I've just spent the last 2 hours washing and then polishing my chrome etc. My hands are now covered in autosol, but it was well worth it, considering its a 8 year old bike the chrome has come up really well!

I polished every bit of chrome I could see 8-) I now have a sparkly bike!

Never ever wash the bike, it takes all the natural oils out of its coat

and breaks your nails :P

4. Re: Wash Wash Polish Polish.... 
    back to the original subject, if you like washing and polishing then you can never do too much in my opinion, just remember to keep those metal bits sprayed with wd40 or similar to prevent corrosion.

I'd wash mine a lot more if I kept it at home...instead I spend my time keeping the car shiney :P

incidently, on the L plate subject, I wouldn't say there was anything wrong with riding on L plates other than the motorway thing, but if that doesn't bother you then there's no issue at all everyone has different priorities, and I'd say just keep getting more experience on the L's and then if/when you can afford a DAS or even normal lessons, go for it if you want we'll welcome you to our meets and rides whatever you ride...be good to see you at some (albeit not the ace cafe one due to the motorway sections)
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

5. Re: Wash Wash Polish Polish.... 
    Icey
    I think I'm going to have to challenge you to a show n shine when my beloved is back on the road

6. Re: Wash Wash Polish Polish.... 
    sounds good hehe :P might convince some of the non-washers to give their bikes a clean too hehe
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

7. Re: Wash Wash Polish Polish.... 
    Icey
    I'm talking cars :P

8. Re: Wash Wash Polish Polish.... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz
    sounds good hehe :P might convince some of the non-washers to give their bikes a clean too hehe
    absolutely no way, not a hope in hell :P

9. Re: Wash Wash Polish Polish.... 
    Icey
    I'll do it for a £5 Karyn

Oh and maybe a cuppa tea and a cookie aswell

10. Re: Wash Wash Polish Polish.... 
    Scott W and I use Muc Off Cleaner (lovely pink stuff) and water to start with.
    Then Muc Off Bike Spray which is a water dispersing, low dust attraction, non sticky protective surface spray