Notices

Thread: Wash Wash Polish Polish....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Wash Wash Polish Polish.... 
    Glad to hear it!

I know its not cheap, but it won't get any cheaper!

I'll shut up now

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

2. Re: Wash Wash Polish Polish.... 
    Icey
    I know - but at the moment due to crappy reasons I can't work - so therefore I have no money to save

I'm planning on saving up to take my A2, but it'll probably be next summer when I can take it.

3. Re: Wash Wash Polish Polish.... 
    Platinum Member
    Not like me butt in on a thread, BUT,.....I beg to differ mate, when we went for that ride out I thought you did VERY WELL INDEED!!!!!

4. Re: Wash Wash Polish Polish.... 
    Platinum Member
    I think the point that BB is trying to get across to you Icey is that with your restricted licence,you are restricted to where you can and can't go,take this weekends rideout for example.......No 'L' plates allowed on the motorway kid....... :'(

5. Re: Wash Wash Polish Polish.... 
    Icey
    Yeah I understand that

I'm not really restricted to where I can go anyway, I could easily make my own route from A & B roads, and to be honest I'd probably be happier doing that than riding on the motorway!

6. Re: Wash Wash Polish Polish.... 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey
    Got awhile before the new legistations come into play, 2010 isn't it?

Why do I need a monster bike to be able to have fun tho?! Yes it would be nice to have a little more power, but it's just as fun as everyone elses bike!
    Ok Icey,gonna have to stop you there......How many bikes have you ridden and have you ever ridden any of the other members bikes here on the forums?????
    No,thought not so your probably wanna be changing that last line of yours then eh!! :

GB.

7. Re: Wash Wash Polish Polish.... 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey
    Yeah I understand that

I'm not really restricted to where I can go anyway, I could easily make my own route from A & B roads, and to be honest I'd probably be happier doing that than riding on the motorway!
    Go and read my post again young lady......Your dancing around what i said as you well know......Your obviously not interested in coming on rideouts ......Best you just stay in your little 125 world for ever then! :P :'(

8. Re: Wash Wash Polish Polish.... 
    Icey
    Thank you.

9. Re: Wash Wash Polish Polish.... 
    What an odd bunch of replys :-?

Not interested in ride outs, little '125 world', bigger bike = more fun...

What happend to united front that was British bikers? Seems as though its not just the tests getting difficult that deters wanna-be riders, its the stigma attaced to L-Plates and small bikes, bit sad really, but there you go! Personally, just being on two wheels, what ever they may be, is more than enough to have a bit a laugh and an interesting ride-out (ok, so I've only done one, but it was 110miles! )

On a brighter note, why on earth would you want to use a motorway when on two wheels unless you really have to, they are boring enough in a car! You can get everywhere you want to on A and B roads, so what if it means doubling your journey time and getting well and truely lost....thats the whole idea! Thats what I plan on doing anyway 10 mile trip to Swindon appears to have taken two hours....oh well! ;D

I'm sure I'll be told that I should be quiet and listen to those more experianced, but, well, meh! Its all a learning curve, wheres the fun in cutting corners!

10. Re: Wash Wash Polish Polish.... 
    Platinum Member
    As I'm sure you know by now Chris,i have PM'd Icey to clarify whats been said in this thread.....Your comments are only making matters worse plus you're actually talking about things that you know nothing about....'Getting lost' and 'the long way round' on an organized rideout isn't much fun when you've got 20 bikes behind you relying on you to get them to the conclusion of the route before the end of the week!!
    I hate motorways as I'm sure most bikers do but sometimes they are a necessary evil,especially when approaching London.......And as a biker and truck driver for over 20 years you'd have thought that i'd know what I'm talking about by now!!

GB. (Mod)