Notices

Thread: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Fecking Nails

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Fecking Nails 
    Platinum Member
    Only had my bike a month - 2 brand new tyres on (its ok Mr Salesman I won't bother with the Tyre Insurance) and now I've got a FECKING screw slap bang in the centre of my rear tyre

Arse.

Not gonna bother replacing it, gotta get it plugged - other Ninja's seem to have done this loads and its fine - what do you lot think?

Then I gotta find somewhere to get it done before Friday or I miss the meet

2. Re: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Fecking Nails 
    Bad luck, mate. > I'll probably get shouted down on this, but I believe it may depend on the speed rating of the tyre whether it can be done or not. Or maybe if you can persuade the tyre shop to do it!
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

3. Re: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Fecking Nails 
    Platinum Member
    I guess - its a Dunlop 208 - loads of the Ninja lot say they've had it done and tested at 150+ *cough* lol!! So that would be fine for me as I don't go anywhere near that speed!

Other question of course is where the heck do you go to get it done? Do I go to a Kwak dealer or can another place do it......?

4. Re: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Fecking Nails 
    get it plugged mate

did it on my old J2 dunslip rear with no probs

obviously it depends on exactly where the nail is, but seeing that they are new tyres i would have thought it'll be ok
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

5. Re: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Fecking Nails 
    Presumably anyone you know who has had it done is not local to you to ask. I would talk to the (hopefully) friendly local bike shop and see if they do it in house or if they outsource who they would recommend.
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

6. Re: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Fecking Nails 
    Diamond Member
    I had to get a car tyre done last week as had a neail in a nearly new Pirelli. I got it done at Arrow Tyres in Calne - 10 min job and holding up at legal(ish) speeds with no probs so far. Prob for you as I see it is that the profile is alot different on a bike tyre compared to a car! If theres shed loads of tread Id give it a go but Id be carefull for the first 100 miles "just in case"! If it feels funny (as the bung might sit proud of the tyre to start with before it wears at the same rate as the tyre) and your not happy, then you should change it, but its a case of nothing ventured, nothing gained!

7. Re: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Fecking Nails 
    I had the same on my ninja when I was running Diablo Corsa' and the tyre lasted fine after, right through the speeding fine (and temp ban) so they can handle it at speed, only replaced them a few months ago. Obvisouly depends here on the tyre the scre went in though!

8. Re: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Fecking Nails 
    Platinum Member
    Have had the rear plugged on mine before,(Diablo at the time) tested to the speed limiter,no problemo!

9. Re: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Fecking Nails 
    Nails are an arse!! picked one up on my bike on the way home from the showroom, less than 20 miles on the clock. Nail went in through tread out through side wall.

10. Re: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Fecking Nails 
    Platinum Member
    Good stuff - gonna phone around tomorrow and try and find out where I can get it done!

The good news (if you can call it that lol) is that it went right in the middle of the tyre and dead straight! Its nowhere near the water channels etc, right slap bang centre! LOL! So should be good to fix. Just gotta get it sorted in time for Fri now which is gonna be tricky with work and stuff