Notices

Thread: Site Suggestions / Comments

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Site Suggestions / Comments 
    Quote Originally Posted by GIXER PAUL
    Stop the boring Gixer vs Kwak threads as most i click on seem to resort to it

(im off to hide now)
    Isn't banter half of what the forum is about, a bit of light relief.

I'm not having a crack, mate, but its half the fun!
    Steve

you make me dizzy running circles in my head
    www.speedsnap.co.uk

2. Re: Site Suggestions / Comments 
    Agreed, Bird is right. Gixxer verses Kwak is just banter, wouldn't life (and forums) be boring if no one took the piss?
    Thats what it's all about, a bit of mickey taking and a laugh, as long as it doesn't get personal!

Jen.

3. Re: Site Suggestions / Comments 
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz
    admin geeks? excuse me? It's management geek, sounds better
    still a geek
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

4. Re: Site Suggestions / Comments 
    Diamond Member
    Jen/Steve, the odd bit of banter can indeed be fun and we are all up for a bit of fun/harmless banter and this site does seem to have its fair share of it, but some things just need to be done in moderation, and not so that it appears on an almost daily basis.

5. Re: Site Suggestions / Comments 
    Yeah, point taken, but the way I see a forum is like a virtual meeting place, which in real life is the like of a bar, and the first thing you get in a bar is banter. Unfortunately on a forum we don't have the privilege of visual contact, and the only common denominator is what bikes we have, so therefore that is what the subject of most banter. Most, including me are very passionate about their bikes and if someone has a pop at it then the natural thing to do is have a pop back! It happens in every form of discussion. You only have to look at football (yak!)…Q. What team do you support then A. Chelsea (for example) reply = oh flippin eck that bunch of foreign gits….etc etc. Its just banter. I agree some goes too far, but that’s human nature. We’re all grown ups (well physically anyway ) if someone doesn’t like it, PM the other party and tell them why, 9 times out of 10, you’ll get an apology of no intent to offend, if not agree to disagree and let it go, life’s too short to hold a grudge. Is it the fact that some people find it boring or just a few being a bit touchy? You will never please everyone.

I’m sorry if people don’t agree, but isn’t that what this is all about….discussion.

Steve

www.speedsnap.co.uk

6. Re: Site Suggestions / Comments 
    i see what your saying and i dont mind banter if you look at my previous posts im there quite often howver no offence meant to anybody but when you have been on here from near enough day one and its been the same joke repeated it gets kinda tedious

7. Re: Site Suggestions / Comments 
    Yeah I understand that, but as new people join, and as its a new forum, that’s becoming ever more frequent, because of the appeal of the forum, that 'joke' is refreshed with new input from new members, such as myself, and now Jen and others, who jump on the banter and add our piece..... to which a reply is given or we would feel ignored!

Jen became a member because I told her about it, that it was fun to be on and a good bunch of guys and girls, it still is, but we can't stop that humour from being on here just because it happens to be repetitive to those who have been here for a while.

Banter makes people feel welcome, it's the first thing you throw at a new employee at work, to make them feel at ease and welcome to the team!

I'm not saying it's a free for all, but it is such a major part of a forum. Maybe the Gixer / Kwak bit is a bit long in the tooth, but when you gixer owners accept that kwaks are better, then it'll stop (sorry couldn't help it)

But it just goes to prove it defuses a potential situation. Maybe it is boring, transparent, predictive, but it gets a response, which leads on to other subjects. Tyres was one recently, again, what each person has they believe to be the best. That’s why they bought them, but while people have opinions, they will put them.
    Steve

www.speedsnap.co.uk

8. Re: Site Suggestions / Comments 
    Quote Originally Posted by b_1_rd

I'm not saying it's a free for all, but it is such a major part of a forum. Maybe the Gixer / Kwak bit is a bit long in the tooth, but when you gixer owners accept that kwaks are better, then it'll stop (sorry couldn't help it)

> > > : :P ;D ;D

9. Re: Site Suggestions / Comments 
    Platinum Member
    You know guys,I see a pattern here of who likes the Banter (kwak v Gixer or whatever) and those who don't........
    The guys who dont know who you are and my suggestion to you is if you see any thread that you don't like,move on to the next.....the're plenty of other rubbish on here to read......You will never stop 'my bikes better than your bike' between people passionate about their machines,maybe you just don't have that passion that a lot of us here have......Poor you..... :'(

GB. (Gixer owner and proud of it) 8-)

Ps. See how I ignored Bird's jibe there.......Not worthy of a reply thats why! ;D

10. Re: Site Suggestions / Comments 
    Icey
    Quote Originally Posted by GixerBoy
    You will never stop 'my bikes better than your bike' between people passionate about their machines,maybe you just don't have that passion that a lot of us here have......Poor you..... :'(
    :