Hope you and your bike get well soon.

2. Re: Just had my first off 
    Icey
    Thanks again

3. Re: Just had my first off 
    sorry to hear this Icey. I know it's boring, but plenty of rest is good

Hope your finger heals ok

re: people not helping

Similar thing happened to me years ago where I was following other half (he was in the car) and we'd just picked up our Thundercat from it's service. Got to a crossroads but had to stop, Scott had already gone. I needed to do a hill start and turn left, not enough revs and toppled over. I managed to get myself out from under the bike and a van was behind, took one look and drove off >

There was no way I could pick the bike up by myself, Scott took a while to realise I wasn't following him so eventually turned round, but by the time he arrived a friendly biker turned up and checked I was ok. Took both of them to stand it up!!

I was so embarrassed and more concerned about the bike too! It was before we had crash bungs fitted so had knackered the indicator which in turn cracked the fairing

Oh well, Scott promptly wrote in off a few months later and we got a nice shiney new one ;D That's another story

4. Re: Just had my first off 
    Sorry to hear your news, hope all works out ok, thinking of you....Rod

5. Re: Just had my first off 
    Look on the bright side, when I had my first off it was 3 months in hospital led flat on my back, broken leg, hip, pelvis and tail bone alaong with a wood branch stuck in my cheek....All my own fault

6. Re: Just had my first off 
    Icey
    Yeah I was really lucky - mainly down to the fact I was wearing proper gear

Thanks for the best wishes.

Just been to fowlers to look at gloves - nothing took my fancy tho, so instead I bought some lube and bar ends ;D

7. Re: Just had my first off 
    Platinum Member
    Hi mate just got home after Jessi's BBQ, First I see GB and Steve and then this, bloody hell who's next!
    real shame about your bike but at least your not too bad, bad enough but still walking, let me know if I can be of any help mate :-* :-*

8. Re: Just had my first off 
    Diamond Member
    Get well soon Icey - and keep posting.

9. Re: Just had my first off 
    Platinum Member
    My 1st was on a 50cc moped when i was 16, it was on gravel on a backroad doing about 20mph, I was wearing jeans and a buffallo jacket, no supprise that the jeans didn't even manage to stay together causing gravel to get into a nicly cut knee. When i 1st started riding i was led to belive they would be good enough should i fall off!

My 2nd was as a moped rider for dominos, it was mid winter in derry hill and very icey. upon seeing the address (with the person looking out the window) i pulled in lost the front end and slid down the road outside his house! He felt sorry for me and gave me i nice tip...."Dont ride in the ice!" >grrr

10. Re: Just had my first off 
    Quote Originally Posted by evilkeneval
    My 2nd was as a moped rider for dominos, it was mid winter in derry hill and very icey. upon seeing the address (with the person looking out the window) i pulled in lost the front end and slid down the road outside his house! He felt sorry for me and gave me i nice tip...."Dont ride in the ice!" >grrr
    was the pizza ok though?
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.