Notices

Thread: What a day.......

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: What a day....... 
    Platinum Member
    It goes into 6th and just spins!!
    Could goe the demo route but would rather not.....
    Steevs bike is pretty superficail really,stayed on its side the whole way,tho the frame is scraped so I expect they'll right it off.......He wants the new Fazer anyway!
    Never Richie....Give it up dude!
    Heres a blow up of the slide picture.......Camera way back there on the right.....

2. Re: What a day....... 
    If it goes into 6th then you know it's not a selection issue, so that means one of the gears has either broken, or is spinning on it's shaft, hopefully the former because that way you won't need a whole new shaft. You could have that fixed by saturday if you got on with it instead of sitting here waffling about it!

Jen.

3. Re: What a day....... 
    Platinum Member
    Alright,alright,i'm going...... :'( (Goddamn woman,pushing me around...... )

4. Re: What a day....... 
    Well I am sorry, but I was looking forward to this ride out dammit! >

Jen.

5. Re: What a day....... 
    Steev - sorry to hear this but at least you're ok.

It's a sad sight seeing the bike on it's side on a breakdown truck. The metal noise of it being pulled up is enough to make you cry. We had this when Scott wrote off our first Thundercat :'(

6. Re: What a day....... 
    Platinum Member
    Right,since I was told in no uncertian terms to 'get my ass out into the garage' I did!
    Unfortunately there is a special 'nut' holding the engine in at the rear that needs a special Suzuki tool so the motors gonna have to stay put untill tomorrow.

7. Re: What a day....... 
    God they look pathetic without the fairings on! ;D

8. Re: What a day....... 
    Platinum Member
    :-[ what a bummer for you both, at least you OK and its only bits of metal that have been broken.
    If either of you wanna use my Hysung 125 while yours is of the Rd thats fine by me as long as you don't cook the engine GB or chuck it down the Rd Steve, thats if you can handle the power ;D ;D

Maybe you should both be MADE to ride it for a couple of weeks for being,........just a little bit MENTAL!

9. Re: What a day....... 
    It's good to see one stripped down, I think modern sports bikes they are quite a work of art underneath all the plastic! Shame in the circumstances why she is stripped but still. (and I'm not taking the p*ss before anyone starts)
    Steve

you make me dizzy running circles in my head
    www.speedsnap.co.uk

10. Re: What a day....... 
    Cheers for all the concern guys, Yeh Scott there are a good few bruises coming up now, Left arm cant raise very high, large one on back, two on my left ribs, both thighs and my arse (that ones for you HC8). All my fingers and particularly my left thumb ache allot. Oh and Dabz if your planning to come off at speed you will need leathers mate, mine were only a couple of months old and only just held together. The knee gave up on the inside stretchy bit and I have a big patch of road rash there. As far as coming off on a straight is concerned, it wasn’t as simple as that I came round that corner at the start of the straight in excess of 100mph ( I had just got the bike set up it was going particularly well) saw the speed camera and grabbed a rather large handful of front brake. I left a skid mark about ten feet long before the marks on the road and must of hit the road at about 70 to 80 MPH. If the camera went off it will have taken me going down the road feet first on my stomach at about 70 mph.

Although I got away with this remarkably lightly it still ****ing hurt at the time and even more so know. I will never get on a bike again without full leathers on and that includes decent gloves. I have had my moment of clarity when I got up this morning with my 2 year old son and realised that moment very nearly didn’t happen. Will this change the way I ride? probably not, but I wont be trying to shave off 70 mph in a few feet for a ****ing speed camera I will just take the points or ban. I thought they were supposed to save life’s not cause accidents. As you can see it doesn’t cover a junction or anything it is there purely to catch people coming round the bend onto a huge straight.

Any way thanx again for the concern guys and I will probably see you soon on my shiny new Fazer thou.

I will post a few pics of the shabby leathers soon.