Notices

Thread: What a day.......

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Re: What a day....... 
    Good to hear from you Steev, not good about the leathers! But like you say, good job you had some on.

Your right, that camera is just a money making machine. >

I think there is a pattern developing here, everyone who has had an off recently seems to have purchased new gear before hand. mmmmm, lets hope the european chaps don't get hold of this statistic, or they may bring in restrictions following new purchases of clothing!
    Steve

you make me dizzy running circles in my head
    www.speedsnap.co.uk

2. Re: What a day....... 
    Sorry to hear about your off Steve, hope it all get sorted soon...

Gav

3. Re: What a day....... 

4. Re: What a day....... 
    quality frank thomas leathers then
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

5. Re: What a day....... 
    ****ski, those leathers are trashed! Mind you, we shouldn't really expect them to be reuseable after an 80mph get off! The main thing is, despite the damage to the leathers, you are reasonably undamaged
    When you get your next set, perhaps you might want to try something a little more protective............. I can highly recommend Carrera for starters

Jen.

6. Re: What a day....... 
    Phew, sounds like you had quite a day - glad to hear you are both relatively ok though.

"I have had my moment of clarity when I got up this morning with my 2 year old son and realised that moment very nearly didn’t happen"

I can only imagine what that feels like and I hope I dont have to - thanks for the incite. Hope you are back on 2 wheels soon

7. Re: What a day....... 
    Top quality mate, You don’t expect to ware leathers again after a high speed spill, but as you can see I was so lucky to get away with as little road rash as I did. I am just really glad I had the jacket zipped into the trousers or I would have no skin on my stomach at all, I suppose that’s why they insist on a 360 zip on the track. Although after this off I recon I’ll be buying an all in one and researching quality a bit more before I buy.

8. Re: What a day....... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Steev
    Top quality mate, You don’t expect to ware leathers again after a high speed spill, but as you can see I was so lucky to get away with as little road rash as I did. I am just really glad I had the jacket zipped into the trousers or I would have no skin on my stomach at all, I suppose that’s why they insist on a 360 zip on the track. Although after this off I recon I’ll be buying an all in one and researching quality a bit more before I buy.
    The best leathers are the made to measure ones, just look at what the racers wear! (not GP guys, club racers, they pay for them with their own money!)
    Scott, Crowtree, Carrera, and, surprisingly perhaps Hein Gericke Pro Sports. These are really popular because they cost £300 but they are honestly decent leathers!
    Scott and Carrera can do made to measure for about £7-800, Crowtree maybe a little more. Scott also do off the peg for £599 I think.
    BKS are **** hot but not many of us have £1200 going begging!

Jen.

9. Re: What a day....... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Steev

fair one mate but when i came off at donny a couple of years back all it did was scuff the leather. all the stitching stayed intact as well which is a big plus as obviously that is the weakest part of any leather garments.

and that was a 100mph+ off

but you are right in saying to do some research, it'll be worthwhile.

glad to hear you didn't get any serious injuries mate....................just watch out for those speed cameras in the future you hear!!
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

10. Re: What a day....... 
    Flippin heck boys, just saw the carnage! Glad you are both unhurt.