Notices

Thread: Help with a bigger bike

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Help with a bigger bike 
    Quote Originally Posted by ONFIRE
    [quote author=ninja_richie link=1156275451/0#7 date=1156279204]i think she might struggle with the 748/749 Tim, being a short arse and all lol

from memory after sitting on one i though it was quite high, could be wrong though
    Hmm thinking about it now Rich.. your probably right...Have sat on few at Onyerbike myself, Think its the illusion of Duke's looking small... might I swayed me to that direction...Guess she would have to sit astride one first.

Having known quite a few shorter girls, they have always seem to purchased the SV's[/quote]

although having said that mate.........cos of the v-twin nature of the beast.......it won't be as wide as other bikes so it might be alright.

Foo needs to comment on this thread..........she is a short arse (geek) afterall
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

2. Re: Help with a bigger bike 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja_richie
    any of the 400's out there.........rvf,vfr, cbr, zxr

plus 650 twins like the sv or ER6
    i must agree, though not to sure about the 650's

3. Re: Help with a bigger bike 
    It's not so much overal height but inside leg that makes the difference!

Being only 5'2 myself I went out and sat on loads of bikes until I found one I was happy with - in my case my late Hinckly Bonnie. did sit on a lot of different stuff, some of it much lighter before I made my choice. Did find it a little heavy in some situations but mostly ok, my feet were never flat on the ground either. Another bike I ride is the Morini Kanguro, an enduro style thing that is far too tall for me but is light & easy to handle.

keep sitting on different stuff and seeing how comfortable you feel with its weight & balance is my advice.

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

4. Re: Help with a bigger bike 
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey
    [quote author=ninja_richie link=1156275451/0#3 date=1156277502]any of the 400's out there.........rvf,vfr, cbr, zxr

plus 650 twins like the sv or ER6
    i must agree, though not to sure about the 650's
    [/quote]

650's are fine........especially the SV. ex girlfriend of mine who was a smidgeon over 5ft had a SV (albeit with a custom made seat) and she got on with it fine
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

5. Re: Help with a bigger bike 
    I love my RVF , although it does need to be quicker

Oh and I'm 5ft 3

6. Re: Help with a bigger bike 
    If you want a 250 crusier, look at the Regal Raptor, great value, goes well, and the seat hight is only 27", there is a pic of mine before I got the Hog in Your Rides under the post Pic at last. On the net look for the AJS website, there is a link from there or contact Burnout Bikes in Downton. If you want a different style ask someone else ;D I know very little. Good luck with it....Rod

7. Re: Help with a bigger bike 
    If you want a bigger bike then any of the new 1000cc bikes are fine, they are all quite thin and really light.

I rode a Gixer 1000, K5 the other day and found I could touch the floor on both sides (just) and I'm 5'2"

I've previously owned a ZX10r and that was high but very light, so hoping it backwards or getting off and pushing it backwards wasn't a problem.

8. Re: Help with a bigger bike 
    Big jump from a 125 to a 1000beast though:P

9. Re: Help with a bigger bike 
    ohh pants, well if that's the case I'd defo say get yourself a 400, I started on a ZZR600 and it was too big and too heavy for someone of my size and experience, so much so I nearly packed up biking all together.

I swapped if for a VFR400 and have never looked back since, it did loads for my confidence and riding

10. Re: Help with a bigger bike 
    Thanks everyone for all your advice

It will come in most handy when i finally get round to taking my test and moving up to a bigger machine.

Cheers ..................Silver x