Notices

Thread: Mirrors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Mirrors 
    The mirror on the Hog is as much use as a cup of tea in the rain, all I can see in it is my arm ;D
    I need a pair of traditional oblong mirrors with a decent length stem. The internet isn't much use as I need to see them and the shops I have been to don't have much of a selection any suggestions ? Rod

2. Re: Mirrors 
    Platinum Member
    lose your arms! ;D
    I get the same problem on my bike. i have to move my arm to see behind me. you can get away with putting longer mirror arms on that can't you?

3. Re: Mirrors 
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod
    The mirror on the Hog is as much use as a cup of tea in the rain, all I can see in it is my arm ;D
    I need a pair of traditional oblong mirrors with a decent length stem. The internet isn't much use as I need to see them and the shops I have been to don't have much of a selection any suggestions ? Rod
    In the words of the prophets Rod - Tough!

Joys of having a Harley! Vibrations! Especially a sporty as their engines aren't rubber mounted like the 1340's are. Maybe with your bike already being customised the mirror was chosen for looks not usefulness. My left hand mirror snapped off in the pyrenees a while ago and I never replaced it.

I use a standard right hand mirror and its fine even holding 90mph. I'm very surprised Burnout can't help?

btw Dock Gate 20 is pants!

4. Re: Mirrors 
    ChantelleT
    make a pillion face the other way on the bike and tell them to shout if any hazzards appear. ???? just a suggestion :P

5. Re: Mirrors 
    ONFIRE
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod

You need one of these Rod... :P

http://www.datagem.freeserve.co.uk/rearview/reevu.gif

6. Re: Mirrors 
    Hein Gericke may do some better ones for cruisers. If they vibrate too much, you can stick a wheel balancing weight on to reduce it.

7. Re: Mirrors 
    Quote Originally Posted by Chantelle
    make a pillion face the other way on the bike and tell them to shout if any hazzards appear. ???? just a suggestion :P
    absolutely magic ;D

8. Re: Mirrors 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chantelle
    I've got a mate thats agreed to try this mothod, will let you know if it works!!

9. Re: Mirrors 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey
    [quote author=Chantelle link=1156329287/0#3 date=1156340604]make a pillion face the other way on the bike and tell them to shout if any hazzards appear. ???? just a suggestion :P
    I've got a mate thats agreed to try this mothod, will let you know if it works!! [/quote]
    Main ones to watch out for are the white cars/vans with the blue &red flashing lights making a hell of a racket!! ;D

10. Re: Mirrors 
    Yeah i have to move my arms too, but I just live with it.

Rod - I love your sig.... two screws left over, always the way eh.