Notices

Thread: advise

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: advise 
    Well now I've met some of you guys I think I've got lucky and hit the right forum straight away (lucky me) You all seem friendly and sensible in some cases :P I would like some tips if you would be so kind.As some of you know I have made a massive jump from a 125 to a 1000 cc bike. I love the exup but now have a problem with confidence. Straight line riding is not a problem neither is riding around town. The problem is mainly on cornering on the country roads. I'm not gonna try and kid myself and believe I'm gonna go out in a couple of months time and get my knee down on every corner but I would like to get back my confidence enough to be able to crank the bike over without backing off on the gas before the corner all the time.( the only ride out I would feel able to keep up with at the moment is a convoy of vespas :-[)Any tips on building confidence? Is it just a case of keep riding until I get used to the bike or is there something else I should know? ( I think the secret of being a good rider is to always be willing to learn) I'm already feeling like an old posing fart but would love to be a competent superbike rider. :-[

2. Re: advise 
    Platinum Member
    just keep riding! riding is the best way to build confidence

3. Re: advise 
    somehow I thought that was gonna be the advice I got ;D I still feel like a fraud at the moment though :'(

4. Re: advise 
    Platinum Member
    I'll happily ride about with you if it helps, i'm about most mornings

5. Re: advise 
    Might take you up on that Mickey. hope you got loads of patiance though :P

6. Re: advise 
    Hey bouncingbunny, nice to meet you last night!

Come out on a rideout with me and mikey, I've only been riding my 650 since march but I've managed to clock up about 8000 miles.

I was lacking much confidence (as you would expect) as soon as I got on a "big" bike but keep riding and riding and going that little bit faster everytime until i can get round the same bends at 100 now instead of 50 It just takes time I think.

The three things that have helped me the most are: look where you wanna put the bike i.e. on the exit of the corner, don't use the front brake on the corner for obvious reasons and have confidence that you can do it.

Like you I am no expert and there are a lot of riders at WB ooozing experience, but thats my 2p!

7. Re: advise 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BouncingBunny
    Might take you up on that Mickey. hope you got loads of patiance though :P
    yeah got loads of patiance, if you lag to much i'll get a tow rope! :P

8. Re: advise 
    Your big head is full of big air mikey

K

9. Re: advise 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegan
    Your big head is full of big air mikey