Notices

Thread: advise

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. advise 
    does anyone have any usefull tips on passing there bike test at the first attempt? id appreciate some advise t be cool!!

2. Re: advise 
    Interesting question but to be honest just ride safe, do the lifesaver, check your mirrors at least every 5-10 seconds, check your position on junctions (i.e. not to far to the middle but far enough out so nothing can sneak past you on the left) position a t-junctions - make sure you dont swan neck it!

Keep 'left' on right handers so you don't get knocked out by a wide vehicle, keep the revs up and don't be scared of your back brake

I found it easier if i gave myself commentary "mirrors, position, lifesaver, mirrors, speed etc etc)

Oh and check you dont leave your indicator on!!! make a habit of cancelling it every time you go round a corner!

Good luck!!

K

3. Re: advise 
    Stu
    pretty much what I would say I used to say to student to quickly check the mirrors every other lamp post and light panel for the others and make sure you move your head when checking as they have to see you checking. Relax don't worry about it, if you feel you have messed up don't let it affect your riding as 3 things 1, he might not have seen it 2, he might let it pass if you ride well 3, He might forget by the end of the test.

4. Re: advise 
    Platinum Member
    don't ride like an idiot! It's easier than a basic maths test! ;D

5. Re: advise 
    Mikey you are so concise!

K

6. Re: advise 
    Platinum Member
    and i failed my 1st test on the 125! :-?

saying that you should see my maths test! :-/

7. Re: advise 
    ONFIRE
    Theory Test - make sure you pass it well before your practical test day.

Yep Lifesavers do not miss them or your fail.

Oh, I passed test first time, took the Theory three times - Goldfish Memory ;D ;D

8. Re: advise 
    I passed both first time

When I did my practical though he was following me in a car, a Vauxhall People Carrier of some kind.

He grumbled to me about it cos the DSA or whoever issues him vehicles gave him a car even though he had 3 bike tests and 1 car test that day! :

K

9. Re: advise 
    Platinum Member
    I did the theroy 1st time no probs! the test i failed was on a cg125 put my foot down on the U turn, opps, 2 minnors other than that!
    riding the CB500 for das was much easier than the flimsy cg

10. Re: advise 
    Stu
    Theory that wasn't about when I did mine!! Sounding old now...when I was a lad