Notices

Thread: DOES YOUR CHILD GO PILLION?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: DOES YOUR CHILD GO PILLION? 

Just where kids safety is involved I get a bit twitchy!
    Steve

you make me dizzy running circles in my head
    www.speedsnap.co.uk

2. Re: DOES YOUR CHILD GO PILLION? 
    Platinum Member
    coould install a seat belt!

unfortuantly her mother feels the same way! So she doesn't want her to go near the bike till she's 16!

3. Re: DOES YOUR CHILD GO PILLION? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Amante 271
    [quote author=mikey link=1156945314/0#4 date=1156970421]mines only12 weeks! i'm sure i can find a way!! :P
    Top box?[/quote]

Years ago a swedish chiropractor told me that in Sweden you can get cradles that fit on your bike tank for the baby to go in - dunno how safe tho :-/

4. Re: DOES YOUR CHILD GO PILLION? 
    Took my 12 year old for a blat around the local roads but was told by my sensible and significant other half that it would be the one and only time.

I accept the risks of riding a bike and that I may get hurt for something that was not my fault, but rightly so I could not handle a situation where my son/daughter got hurt on the bike. Even if you are only toddling along there are plenty of pheasants/deer/car drivers/oil slicks/etc in this part of the country that are out to get yer. Shame really cos my daughter absolutely loved going on the bike......

My neighbour is a surgeon and he refers to bikers as organ donors...............12 is a bit young to be an organ donor in my opinion. However this is only my opinion and I do not necessarily condone others taking kids on bikes.......its their kids and their decision.

5. Re: DOES YOUR CHILD GO PILLION? 
    I've been on the back of my dad's bikes since i was 9, rememebr when he got one of the first ZX10's..was awesome in its day

6. Re: DOES YOUR CHILD GO PILLION? 
    I'm with you on that one sprocket,I'm only prepared to accept responsability for my own saftey. Another reason I refuse to take any pillion ( I don't like guilt )Each to their own though.